X

Engine swap help needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine swap help needed

I am building a Vintage Katana. 83 750 frame and body with a 2005 750 motor and electronics. I will use the 05 front end and Bandit rear end, not sure if I will go dual or mono shock, yet.
    Does any one know if some one has done a Engine swap - newer Kat motor in a vintage Katana frame and if some one has the engine mounts all figured out and for possibly sale? Also The 05 gauges are large and will not fit the vintage Kat. Are there smaller Suzuki gauges that will be an easy plug in option. Also has any one used the Dammoto SP8 digital gauges,
    Thanks for the input and help.

Yes, it's been done. No, I don't know what the figures are for spacing. The member who did that is no longer active on the board.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

you will have to make new mounts for sure. bracing the frame is sometimes needed as well, but you are sticking with a 750 engine that isn't that much stronger than the old ones, so you might be alright.

you might want to visit some of the sites dedicated to older suzukis. I used to have a ton of links to share, but lost them all.

I have this one left.

Genetic engineering of an extinct species

then of course there is the GS Resources. that would be a great place to ask questions as I am sure a few have done what you are trying to do.

oh ya...this one might help as well

Last edited by Mojoe; 03-15-2012, 04:09 PM.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I did some digging and decided to make them my self. Once I make them I will post a photo. I also contacted a German custom shop and they have a kit for GSXR motor in a vintage Katana frame and it comes with a mono shock configuration. They would have to reconfigure mounts for 05 750 Kat motor. Since I have brackets for a mono shock that I cut out from a crashed frame and I want to position the motor so I can use Bandit 1200 headers I want to make sure I have the right distance.
        Here is Wolfgang’s site

Comment

maybe it's just me, but I didn't find much on that site aside from a few photos.

I suggest you still keep those other sites in mind. they could be helpful if you run into problems along the way.

good luck :
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
          X