X

What headers will fit an 82 750?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What headers will fit an 82 750?

My project bike came with a well worn Yoshimura exhaust. I didn't realise until I installed it that the pipes go down under the sump and the collector goes almost to the centerstand mounts before bending to the right for the can.
    Now while it is an efficient design for racing, it leaves a bit to be desired for the street. I noticed the pipes were bashed in abit where they meet the collector and now I understand why (bottoming on bumps). The centerstand can't be used and the downpipes block off access to the oil filter which is going to make oil changes a real production.

So now I'm wondering if there is any header I could get that would allow me access to the filter and be adaptable to running along the right side frame rail to meet the can, thus allowing me use of the centerstand again.

I am not thinking about stock pipes as they are 'unobtainable I'm told. I would also rather not get an aftermarket Mac or the like but was thinking more along the lines of adapting stock pipes from another Suzuki 750 or 1000.

Does anyone know what would fit?

Cheers,
    Spyug

The port spacing on the oil cooled GSXRs is the same but you will need to slot the bolt holes in the mounting flanges. An aftermarket pipe really would be your best bet cost wise though. Any GS 1100 or 1150 pipes will work. You would just need to fab a rear hanger bracket. Ray.
    85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

I just replied to you in the other forum.

But Hindle still has some gsxr 750 headers for 299. Check out their site. I think they are 4-2-1.

Comment

I have a nice stock 4-2 (oem) exhaust, and maybe 2 or 3 aftermarket exhausts system, including one in stainless. the midpipe and can are not that great, but the header is in nice shape....albeit quite blue from heat.

if you don't find what you want new, and decided to go with a used header, let me know and I will look and see what I got. I have a header from a gs1100 that I just sandblasted down and it just needs some paint. I was just going to slap some bbq paint on it before putting it on ebay
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Hey Mike or Ray...do either of your two have a line on a mint 1100 seat or a mint/nearly mint stock exhaust? I'm doing custom work to a clients 82 soon, but he has a second vintage kat he wants to do a stock restoration on this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
            Hey Mike or Ray...do either of your two have a line on a mint 1100 seat or a mint/nearly mint stock exhaust? I'm doing custom work to a clients 82 soon, but he has a second vintage kat he wants to do a stock restoration on this summer.
            I think Ray has one for sale on the GS forum-exhaust that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
              I had one, bud....but got tired of it taking up space so I stuck it on ebay a while back. I think I do have another, but it is an old ripped beat up thing that I was going to "experiment" with by recovering it.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by webfoot
                need exausrt

gill
                [email protected]
                Dood, this thread is two years old and OP hasn't been here for forever and a day.

Comment

Ban this illiterate s.o.b.
                  1992- project katfighter
                  2005- GSXR750
                  2001- TL1000R
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                  www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...