X

Show me your rear .....turn signals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show me your rear .....turn signals

I'm having my second set of fairing panels painted “Ebony Black” and was looking to mount my rear turn signals to the rear fairings.

I've seen some member with small flush mounted turn signals on there bikes but can’t remember where.

Please could you post pics of your rear turn signals to give me some ideas?

Thanks

Tok

I went with small turn signals mounted on either side of the tag with a custom tag bracket I made, instead of the fairings.

I used these... which work great! Very bright, but still small enough to blend in with the tail until I turn the blinkers on.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I just used the Fender signals from a BMW 330CI. Works great and sits right in the lines of the 03-06 tail. I'll get you a pic soon. Drilled openings and inserted, Used a lilttle plastic weld to secure it from back. They come in amber lens or clears, Do a search on e-bay for BMW fender turn signas. Just an idea. Good luck Tok!
      SAV

Head up, eyes open... always!!!
      Be... and be not afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by sav View Post
        I just used the Fender signals from a BMW 330CI. Works great and sits right in the lines of the 03-06 tail. I'll get you a pic soon. Drilled openings and inserted, Used a lilttle plastic weld to secure it from back. They come in amber lens or clears, Do a search on e-bay for BMW fender turn signas. Just an idea. Good luck Tok!
        Some pics would be great, thanks Sav

Tok

Comment

Help Sav, I've look all over eBay with no luck.....

Tok

Comment

This is what I did with mine.

Removed the cover, drilled a hole in each side of the reflector housing. Purchased 2 sockets, installed the sockets then weathersealed with silicone, then installed LED Bulbs. wired to existing wires and here it is.

A video of it completed.
            [ame]http://s407.photobucket.com/albums/pp160/jwhittum/?action=view&current=VID00000.flv[/ame]
            Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

i don't have rear turn signals... but if i did, i would go with ones similar to what kreylyn has.
              2004 Katana
              GO OWLS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SGTJimbo_Kat600 View Post

Removed the cover, drilled a hole in each side of the reflector housing. Purchased 2 sockets, installed the sockets then weathersealed with silicone, then installed LED Bulbs. wired to existing wires

That is sweet but my Kat is an 03.

Tok

Comment

I have an integrated taillight, dont they make those for the 03+ Katana?

EDIT: Like this http://www.xdcycle.com/discount-moto...t-Rated-2.html
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by SGTJimbo_Kat600 View Post

Removed the cover, drilled a hole in each side of the reflector housing. Purchased 2 sockets, installed the sockets then weathersealed with silicone, then installed LED Bulbs. wired to existing wires and here it is.

A video of it completed.
                    http://s407.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=VID00000.flv
                    I kinda like that idea.
                    Last edited by barryjay; 09-16-2009, 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

motorcycles 109.jpg here is mine but i have an axle mounted licence plate.
                      "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

I know the one you are talking about Tok, I think he had flames sculpted into the rear plastics as well.
                        2000 Katana 600
                        2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

$20 at a swap meet , and they're QUITE bright .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

The plastic pieces aren't completely on, because those bolts or whatever weren't there when I took them off to add the signals. But I did it myself~ (the signals are level, and even, the plastic is just hanging off different amounts LOL)

Comment

here is what i did to my kat last weekend. I made a bracket to mount the signals too that bolted to the original plate in the back...then i trimmed off that plate and cut it in half and welded it to the new bracket. now the lights and plate come off as a unit.

the previous owner had some goofy flush signals on the bike
                              Attached Files
                              bippity-boppity- BACON

"Chatbox slayer..."

Comment

Working...
                              X