X

Ashy Paint?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashy Paint?

Last week I rode my bike downtown for the night and right before it was time to go home it started pouring down really heavy. That said I left it there over night and decided to get it later the next day. When I went back that afternoon I noticed the paint seemed "ashy". Maybe like the clearcoat or wax had become dry. It looks similar to when wax gets left on too long on the paint. Its never happened before even though it been in the rain multiple times. The paint on the bike was all rattle can which probably has something to do with it. I was just going to try and buff it with a polisher but was wondering if anyone knows why it happened or has had something similar, and maybe recommends or knows a good product that might help before I attack it. Thanks for any help.

May be a stupid question, but have you washed it yet? Sounds more like someone dumped something on it to me. I've never seen ANY kind of paint 'change' from getting rained on. If you've washed it, and the 'ash' remains, try a good cleaner wax, at this point you have nothing to lose. If washing it thoroughly and polishing it doesn't help, try a product made for removing waxes and tar. A pre-paint prep cleaner such as Prep-Sol. If those don't clear it up, get out the sandpaper....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Acid rain, perhaps?
      Originally posted by arsenic
      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Acid flashbacks, perhaps?

sorry, couldn't help myself...

Comment

I like your style. Riding the bike downtown to reel the ladies in. Lol, I'm on to you

Comment

Originally posted by BradsKat View Post
            Acid flashbacks, perhaps?

sorry, couldn't help myself...

Comment

Working...
            X