No announcement yet.
X

Saw the funniest thing today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not really trying to down the guy because I dont wear my gear all the time either,(always a helmet though)
    but it still makes me chuckle full racing leathers and no helmet.

Originally posted by Spyderturbo007 View Post
    My brain kept thinking about those stories I've heard surrounding stone removal from road rash.
    Something about a wire brush and no pain medication?
    Perhaps it's just a story used to scare little children into wearing full gear.
    Its not a story to scare you into wearing gear. I have had it done
    the only difference is it was basically sterilized steel wool not a wire
    brush and luckily I think my body was still in shock, because I had
    to go back the next day because they missed two cuts on my head
    which they cleaned those with no pain meds also

Comment

hmmm helmet? or have steel wool scrubbing my brain matter to get all the rocks out? that is a good question indeed kinda glad we gotta have them, here

i have went just down the road with no gloves or jacket and plain running shoes. i HATED the feeling of running shoes. but the throttle does seem to feel nicer without gloves.. i wont go any real distance without em tho!
      if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Maybe he did not want to scratch the helmet if he fell... like a tootsie roll pop, we just will never know....
        "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Originally posted by slip304 View Post
          I haven't seen any sportbike riders without helmets yet here in Michigan, but TONS of cruisers out in casualwear and no lids. They're LOVING it! I'm waiting to hear of the first death of a rider around here, and all about how he/she wasn't wearing a helmet.. Sad Sad..
          same around here BUT even though sportbike riders are wearing helmets I've seen alot in shorts and believe it or not flipflops... and yeah your girl looks amazingly hot in her short booty shorts and whale tail sticking up but I'd hate to be her if they go down

Comment

I had a bad mtb accident last year. There was no scrubbing of the steel wool, but they did pick rocks out of my semi severed ear with a dental pick. Not going to lie, I cried like a baby.

that's damage from simply loose dirt, imagine an exposed ankle at 60mph on asphalt.
            -Brandon

Comment

So the other day family is all in the Suburban goin down the interstate. 3 Harleys pass us, all of them had young kids on the back. All the kids had full face helmets,gloves,jacket and either boots or hi-top sneakers. The dads had sleeveless biker vests, no helmets but biker boots. My 13yr old son says to me "gee dad guess the kids are smarter than the adults". You kinda get a warm fuzzy feeling when kids say something so profoundly simple as that.
              Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

I remember doing the same thing with my dad as a kid he was an outlaw biker and I have to say it but 98% of them ride wearing just that a helmet boots and a vest. He always made sure that we had some better kind of gear on though.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
                  i think there's something in there about tank tops and flip flops being acceptable racing gear
                  No joke, the last time I went to Shadyside Raceway in NC (1/8 mile drag strip), there were guys running in shorts, tank tops, and tennis shoes.
                  John,
                  '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by badwithcomputer View Post

that's damage from simply loose dirt, imagine an exposed ankle at 60mph on asphalt.
                    Looks painful.
                    You know, women pay big money for microderm abrasion like that.

I hope it healed well
                    -
                    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                      You're a piece of work, bro. In Ontario helmets are the law....... and besides, a full-face with a dark visor is handy when you dump your bike when you forget to plant your feet because three fine-looking bikinis are walking in front of you as you're leaving a gas station.......don't ask me how I know.

Brother that's awesome. Sadly, I almost did that in Vegas on the Strip. I saved it tho.

Comment

Guess the new style hasn't caught on yet. I have seen a few riders now wearing a full face helmet, however with it just stuck on the top of the head. So the chin part of the helmet stops around your forehead, maybe they just go a size too small and figure it's good enough

Comment

Originally posted by Jman2343 View Post
                          Guess the new style hasn't caught on yet. I have seen a few riders now wearing a full face helmet, however with it just stuck on the top of the head. So the chin part of the helmet stops around your forehead, maybe they just go a size too small and figure it's good enough
                          Yeah...ha ha ha... seen this stupid "helmet sitting on top of head" thing. Maybe its the answer to the too small pants to pull up to your waist, you know "PANTS ON THE GROUND,,PANTS ON THE GROUND".....
                          Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

Working...
                          X