• Show
Clear All

Don't go look at a Sprint.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

My buddy has a speed triple that he wont let me ride...

I got my Kat from him, I asked him which he preffered and he said they were like apples and oranges. Too different to compare.

...But Ill tell you one thing, when we go riding he wants to stop and take breaks way before Im ready to.

I like my Kat, but Im saving up for a Buell! It will take me tens years to save that much so Ill probaly be ready for a new bike anyways.
      Originally posted by arsenic
      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

My problem is that I am too cheap to buy a new bike...and buying a used bike that I don't know anything about seems silly to me, since I know every nut and bolt on my old 91 Kat.

Once I finally stop riding and running around to finish paint and body on the spare fairings I have, I'll see where to go from there....

With the 01 750 swapped in, it has enough power for me..and with the simple upgrades I've made to other things, it's comfy, and handles surprisingly well.

I would definitely consider ADDING another to the stable...either an older ZX10/11, a 4th/early 5th gen VFR, or something along those lines...

I've been avoiding going by the local Triumph dealer..the Sprint is calling my name after riding a friend's bike...

Comment

Great story. I am new to Kat ownership but not to riding. I have to say that the more miles I put on the better I feel about the Kat. I do admit, I am craving a zx-14.

Comment

Originally posted by mather_builders View Post
            The title of this should have been "Do I ride it home,,, part 2"

Oh I have looked at Sprints too... Mmmmmm...
            Originally posted by katanawarrior
            I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

To each their own of course, but I think your Kat is -way- better looking than a Speed Four. You could always go back and tell the dealer you'd take -his- bike and five hundred. Sounds like he's eager to part with it! >=o)

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
              -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post

I've been avoiding going by the local Triumph dealer..the Sprint is calling my name after riding a friend's bike...
                Originally posted by Shifty View Post

Oh I have looked at Sprints too... Mmmmmm...
                I've created monsters
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Here ya go.... *Grabs a spoon and stirs the pot*
                  eBay Motors makes it easy to find parts for cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles & more. We even offer a massive selection of new & pre-owned classics, hot rods, exotics, vans, ATVs, RVs, boats and more at eBay Motors. Shop for your next vehicle, or start selling in a marketplace with 171 million buyers.
                  Originally posted by arsenic
                  93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

great just great

Comment

I hear ya on missing the fairing. Rode the Kat to a dealership on Friday and traded her in on an F4i. On the way I hit a bit of a Michigan monsoon, and was fairly dry when I got to the dealer. Then on Saturday I got caught in the rain on the F4i, and ended up fairly soaked. +'s and -'s ... +'s and -'s

That said I think you made a wise decision given the mileage and the Triumph having a trailer light on it! Plus I've always heard that anything English is a real PITA to work on (but then again, anything would be compared to the Kat I guess).
                      - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
                      2005 F4i -

Comment

I am not suprised at your choice at all. I love the looks of many naked bikes, but every damned time I ride one, the wind kicks my @ss over 90mph. The one it did not bother me as much on was the Aprilia Tuono. I was kicking along on it and was thinking "Here we go again. This wind SUCKS!" Then I look down and realize I was doing over 130mph. When I backed it down to 80, the wind did not bother me a bit!
                        Ron
                        MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

This awesome man. I think I would have done the same thing. I can handle alot of things but riding in the wind ALL the time. I couldn't
                          sigpic
                          Update Jul 11 2014
                          Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Well I was glad I had the Kat today, that's for sure! Damn it's windy!
                            Originally posted by katanawarrior
                            I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

yeah i think your right!!! at first i didnt want the katana cause of the rep.... i put my ego aside and now i love the bike and i only had it for about a month to 2 months and i wouldnt trade it for any thing.......... except a nice f4i lol

Comment

now go buy your kat a new toy ..you will like it better ..i had my 2002-600 for just over 3 mos. and yes i want a 2008 b-king ,but i got my bike at impound was $1050 so maybe i will keep her and my money and just buy her a bigger wind screen by M.R.A. spoilier screen from twisted throttle

Comment

Working...
                                X