X

2008 ninja 650 r?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 ninja 650 r?

wanted to see what you guys thought about the 2008 ninja 650 r.
    thinking about buying one any thoughts would be great
    thanx

I almost bought one! but got a deal on my kat i couldn't pass up. Upright riding position, easy to handle, pretty light and flickable bike. Not too much power, good if you are still learning.
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

i have a 2006 kat but was thinking about the 650 just to have. kinda like the look and can get a pretty good price of 4999 before taxes brand new

Comment

Because of the lower weight I would think that it might be a better in town bike.
        I like the extra weight of the Kat on the highway.

Comment

might be a fun one haven't riden one my self yet

Comment

i was wondering about them... when you guys ride one leave a review.
            92 GSXF750
            83 nighthawk

Comment

ttt

road a freinds nice bike i have a 1991 kat600 with v&h exhaust and jet kit and it will pass me so power is not to bad plus it,s injected nice bice for the price and great all around bike

Comment

I'm pretty anti-ninja but this bike deserves a second glance. My friend has this bike in black actually, just got it. It might be an '07 though, I'm not totally sure. Handles pretty well, and it is a bit faster than my 2005 Katana, obviously. It's really lightweight and small to me, must be compared to getting off a Katana, because everyone who sits on my bike thinks it's "beastly" in size.

Comment

I'm pretty anti-ninja

It actually make perfect sense. Back in the days of feudal Japan Katana are Samurai's sword, while Ninja are actually trained to assassinate Samurai...(Samurai's sword is KATANA)

Back on topic of the Ninja 650R.

Before buying the Kat I did seriously considered the Ninja 650R and the SV650. I ended up with the Kat because I want a sport "touring" bike. Else after alot of research and thoughts it would had been the Ninja 650R.

Here's link to an comparasion between Ninja and SV:

Last edited by GSXF; 12-27-2008, 08:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Comment

my neighbor has a new ninja 650...its a pretty nice bike...
                    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                    k9 GSX-R 600
                    GO VOLS!

Comment

What about the Versys from Kawasaki?

Comment

I personal think they are ugly, sound crappy, and slow. With the Kat I get all the things I want in one. I rode with a guy for a while. He look goofy IMHO. But to each is his own. But look at me I have to stand up to go over speed bumps some say thats dumb. I thinks it GREAT.
                        sigpic
                        Update Jul 11 2014
                        Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeezix View Post
                          Because of the lower weight I would think that it might be a better in town bike.
                          I like the extra weight of the Kat on the highway.
                          My wife's ZZR is close on 100lbs lighter than my Kat, yet I find it much more stable and less affected by the wind on the highway .. could that be because it's lowered and about 10" shorter (or so) and therefore not as much of a sail to catch the wind?

We wanted to get a 650r for her, but couldn't get our hands on one.
                          2008 ZZR 600 (His)
                          Black
                          Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
                          Red
                          Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

Is this bike like the Kat, so it is more of an upright riding position?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartenderchris View Post
                              Is this bike like the Kat, so it is more of an upright riding position?
                              UMMM IDK if I would say that. Its a 2 cyd engine, Aluminium Frames, Dirt bike riding position. Its really nothing like the katana, other then maybe Kaws. purpose for it. To be a cheaper bike.
                              sigpic
                              Update Jul 11 2014
                              Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X