Anybody dye their leathers before?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody dye their leathers before?

anybody done it before?

I want to try and tone down the flash in my joe rocket supermoto pants a bit.

you can see in this picture how flashy they are.

Basically I just want to dye the white part black. I'm not really into advertising all that much, and I don't want a new set of pants right yet. I bought these ones because they are really nicely ventilated and very comfortable, but can't say I'm a huge fan of the rocket on my a$$

I've been googling the topic, but just wanted to know if anybody's had succes (or failure) with this before.

Re: Anybody dye their leathers before?

Years ago my father wanted an all white soccer ball (do ask me why, he just did). So he bought a standard leather ball and dyed it using leather shoe dye. It came out really nice. It was very consistent despite dying a dark color white. You may want to check out something like that. Here are a couple links that I found that may have what you want:

Free domestic shipping on orders over $35. Get 10% off when you buy 4 Original Lincoln Wax Stain Shoe Polish. For nearly a century, Lincoln has been manufacturing premium products that specialize in cleaning, polishing and shining fine leather products. Trusted by the military and shoe experts around the world.

Leather restoration products to clean, condition, and recolor your leather including car interiors, boats, motorcycles, handbags, and more. Custom color matching is our specialty.

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
    ...can't say I'm a huge fan of the rocket on my a$$
    Better than a Joe Rocket up it.

Comment

Magic marker . Worked on my seat .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Range stained his leathers once....don't think that's what you're referring to tho.

Comment

I painted my boots.
          The red accent went down the toe making it look like
          I was wearing slippers.. (hard to discribe)
          Anyway, I bought water based leather paint
          from a craft store.. Worked great. I painted my
          jacket too.. 10 years ago and counting..

Comment

Junior wrote
            Range stained his leathers once....don't think that's what you're referring to tho.
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. I just don't want to dye it, then have it bleed all over when I ride in the rain. My gloves are really bad for that. leaves my hands all yellow and purple , just trying to prevent that from happening to my, well you know

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
                Thanks for the tips guys. I just don't want to dye it, then have it bleed all over when I ride in the rain. My gloves are really bad for that. leaves my hands all yellow and purple , just trying to prevent that from happening to my, well you know
                Dude you wish that your "well you know" went down that far your leg! the white parts are below the knees and on the back.

Are there any local leather shops or shoe makers in your area? They may be able to recommend something. I would think that Range could point you to a good S&M dungeon that can service leather goods.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                  Dude you wish that your "well you know" went down that far your leg! the white parts are below the knees and on the back.
                  Actually I meant my a$$ Wasn't thinking when I wrote it

Originally posted by tzortn
                  Are there any local leather shops or shoe makers in your area? They may be able to recommend something. I would think that Range could point you to a good S&M dungeon that can service leather goods.
                  Pm sent to range

Comment

Working...
                  X