Katana in Baja Sur, Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana in Baja Sur, Mexico

Greetings:

I have a friend in Baja Sur, Mexico who owns a 1991 Suzuki GSX750 FM Katana. He's trying to restore this bike but needs a complete carburetor. He has been told that he must have the EXACT carburetor for that year and model. I was recently told that ANY carburetor for the GSX750 will work except that he may have to fiddle with the carb boot and find a set that will fit. When I find the carburetor, I will need to ship it to Mexico. So, I need to know that what I buy will fit when it gets there and also that I have the correct carb boot set so it will all go together. I don't own a bike and know very little. I can sure use any help I can get. Thanks a bunch. Loreto

Originally posted by Loreto View Post
    Greetings:

I have a friend in Baja Sur, Mexico who owns a 1991 Suzuki GSX750 FM Katana. He's trying to restore this bike but needs a complete carburetor. He has been told that he must have the EXACT carburetor for that year and model. I was recently told that ANY carburetor for the GSX750 will work except that he may have to fiddle with the carb boot and find a set that will fit. When I find the carburetor, I will need to ship it to Mexico. So, I need to know that what I buy will fit when it gets there and also that I have the correct carb boot set so it will all go together. I don't own a bike and know very little. I can sure use any help I can get. Thanks a bunch. Loreto

Contact Arsenic on this website. Any 89-97 750 carb set will work for that bike. Engine CC size does have to match, specific year does not as they are the same for all 89-97.

If Arsenic does not have, or will not have a set soon , then I have a set that I can rebuild and arrange shipment.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Contact Arsenic on this website. Any 89-97 750 carb set will work for that bike. Engine CC size does have to match, specific year does not as they are the same for all 89-97.

If Arsenic does not have, or will not have a set soon , then I have a set that I can rebuild and arrange shipment.

Krey
      Thanks for the info. I'm totally new to the forum scene. Can you tell me what I need to do to contact Arsenic? And I don't want to lose contact with you. Thanks.

Comment

Chris (user arsenic) rebuilds and sells on a regular basis carb sets for these bikes.

Click this link to see his user profile

PM him to send a message directly to him. Your posting here is in the intro section and honestly may not be one he would normally read, I don't know if he checks these.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Chris (user arsenic) rebuilds and sells on a regular basis carb sets for these bikes.

Click this link to see his user profile

PM him to send a message directly to him. Your posting here is in the intro section and honestly may not be one he would normally read, I don't know if he checks these.

Krey
          I tried to send a PM to him, but it was rejected as I don't have enough posts. What else can I do? Thanks for your help.

Comment

I tried to send a PM to him, but it was rejected as I don't have enough posts. What else can I do? Thanks for your help.

You do now, so try again. (minimal is 3 posts. )

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Comment

It's me again. Could you tell me where Arsenic usually posts? Thanks.

Krey
              Thanks! I'll give it another go!
              Last edited by Loreto; 05-25-2014, 03:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Welcome to kr. And good luck you will find a lot of helpful people here

Comment

Katana carb

Krey
                  Good Morning:

I received a message from Arsenic that he does not have a set that will fit the 1991 GSX750 FM Katana. Please advise your cost and shipping for the set you said you could restore. What time frame are we looking at? Thanks.

Comment

Good Morning:

I received a message from Arsenic that he does not have a set that will fit the 1991 GSX750 FM Katana. Please advise your cost and shipping for the set you said you could restore. What time frame are we looking at? Thanks.

Responded with a quote for shipping to you in the US.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Comment

Purely for reference: If you need to get Arsenic's attention just put up a posting called something like "K&N filters rock"... he'll jump right on in there !

Only joking Chris, be gentle

Colin.
                      Carpe Jugulum...
                      1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Working...
                      X