X

Out of the shadows...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of the shadows...

Hello, all. My name is Jay, and I'm the proud owner of a 2001 Katana 600. I call her the "Blackbird" (hence, my s/n) because of her black body with the peculiar yellow front fender (beak) out front. I dunno, she kinda reminds me of the bomb bird from "Angry Birds".

Why "out of the shadows"? I've been on the board since I bought my bike back in late July of last year, but haven't posted until now.

Quick bio: I've been riding for less than a year now, and the Kat is my first bike. After completing the MSF course and getting my license, I initially looked for a 250 sport bike so I wouldn't up and kill myself. However, the Blackbird came in at less than half of what the most affordable 250 (I guess NC folks love that little Ninja) was going for at the time. For a while, it and the course-provided Honda Rebel were the only bikes that I had ridden. I've since gotten to demo a couple of Harley's (Softtail Deluxe & V-Rod), a V-strom, and a Zero S (yes, the electric one). One day, I'd love to get into a sport/super sport bike, but for now, I'm content with my lil sport tourer. I fully own and accept my noob status, and as such, make every effort to ride within my limits (even to the annoyance of others in traffic). I'm not the most mechanically inclined, but with a manual, some tools, and a little courage, I'll attempt most repairs myself.

What else? Umm... married with kids, so it's sometimes tricky to carve out some saddle time, but I take what I can get. Other than that, I think this site is a great resource and a good community, and I look forward to interacting more with the good folks here.
    Attached Files

Welcome to KatRiders Jay.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

welcome. don't fail to gear up.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Welcome aboard...
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome to KR
          Kyle

Comment

Welcome! I lurked for about a year after joining before becoming active too.
            Any chance you happen to know where that windscreen came from? I'd like something a little taller than stock and am just starting to look at options.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KR!...nice bike

Comment

Welcome and enjoy the bike time

Comment

Welcome to KR. You know you've got to put an Angry Birds decal on that, right?

Comment

Welcome!
                    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Working...
                      X