X

Flush mount signals....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flush mount signals....

question on flush mount signals for the back. Any recommendations on brand? Looking for something smoke color to match the colors of the bike To install, do I need to drill a hole to mount and run wires thru? thanks all!
    Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

I don't have any particular recomendations. But I found these, which use double-sided tape. I'm sure there are others.

My Karma ran over my Dogma.

Comment

Yeah , you'll either have to drill for at LEAST the wires , or run them up the outside of your fairing . And if you don't get the double-sided tape , you'll have to drill for the mounting screws , too .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

the ones goose491 showed, you could always get them painted to match

Comment

Phillips Lockhart (or is it lockhart phillips???) anyway, they make smoked flushmounts. I was trying to decide on them or shimery ones. Yes, you will have to drill a small hole to run the wire, but the 3M tapes works very well to hold it on, just make sure to clean the area where you are going to stick them first to insure a good bond.

And yes, I put flushmounts on my rear, and they are very bright and noticable, but gives the rear a much cleaner look I do beleive. I can post some pics later if you want to see what it looks like.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

mine had flushmounts when i bought it. but not the smoke ones. I really like them.

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              Yeah , you'll either have to drill for at LEAST the wires , or run them up the outside of your fairing . And if you don't get the double-sided tape , you'll have to drill for the mounting screws , too .
              I have an alternative solution for this, which I used on my bike. I have a pair of the LP flushmounts. I took 3 large diameter flat washers (one metal and 2 rubber) and put them on the mounting bolt for the light.

It then "squeezed" the fairing plastic between the washers. So I had the light first, then a rubber washer, then the fairing, then another rubber washer, followed by the metal washer and a locking nut.

When it was all said and done the middle of the lamp, where the wires come out, was flush with the edge of the fairing, so I had no need to drill any holes in my plastics to attach/hook up the lamps. Because of the way it all lines up w/ my fender eliminator kit and license plate... the half of the lamp which "hangs" past the plastic is actually hidden behind my license plate so it doesn't look bad at all. If you want pics PM me.
              I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
              http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Pics were requested, so here they are. Please excuse the fact that she is dirty as hell. I'm planning on trying to clean her up nice this weekend. I try not to clean it too often because I get too depressed at all of the body damage and paint scratches. She used to look brand new and bone-stock when I got her last year.

I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

that's pretty sweet man!

Long Live the D

Comment

skasner, i like the idea of where you put those flushmounts. quite intelligent if i do say so myself. i have the newer tail and put them right on the sides of the plastic. i have pics of them now i just need to find out how to post them up. anyways i'll find out which lights i used and post that as well.

Comment

Get the smoked intergrated taillight with turn signals built in!!! I put one on mine looks great!!!
                      Lance
                      2005 Kat 600

Comment

the kat deserves a flush mount taillights yeah
                        power is nothing w/o control

Comment

Working...
                        X