X

Getting good prices on gear.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting good prices on gear.

I know many of you are in the same boat I was recently in. You wanted some gear only to go to the site and see that they cant list their lowest price online and to contact them via email to find it out. This was ESPECIALLY true for Icon gear that I wanted.

Well most of these retailers will just send you a link to a site not linked off of their private site but it is still on the web. They think that this is safe and hidden but alas it is not. Many search engines still ping these pages and find them for you. A good example of such a site is froogle.com

Type in the item you are looking for and it will get speciality pricing for you. I found a small company called Island racing that had some of the best prices I found online for icon gear through Froogle. I would have never have seen them otherwise. Here is a secret page that I found to give you an illustration:

So next time you guys are looking for gear give it a try. If a site has a special advertised it will also normally be pulled in. Though I do not guarentee this. Some sites use other methods to display their speciality prices such as images instead of text and the search engines will not pick up on it as well.
    I am a Penn State fanatic.
    Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

look at you doin' all the hard work to find us the good deals (-; never woulda thought about that. sending the e-mails and waiting for a response is a p.i.t.a.

Comment

Hey man I am a business analyst. It is my job to find more efficient means to do things. Most places I saw while shopping for gear just had a hidden brand page. They sent you the link via email. This does the work for you.....
      I am a Penn State fanatic.
      Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Working...
      X