No announcement yet.
X

New to me old school Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the ride height with those RC forks? Looks like you didn't loose any ground clearance.
    Also, do you still have the footpeg hangers? I could use them if you don't want them.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
      How is the ride height with those RC forks? Looks like you didn't loose any ground clearance.
      Also, do you still have the footpeg hangers? I could use them if you don't want them.
      Ride height is ok so far. I might drop the front a bit on the forks to try and improve the steering a touch. Plenty of room to do it.

I do have the parts I cut off the frame.
      1986 VF1000R
      1986 VF1000R
      1984 VF1000F
      1983 CB1100F
      1983 GS1100S Katana

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
      though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who
      neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight
      that knows not victory nor defeat."

Comment

Sent a PM.

Comment

Posting here due to the interest in vintage Kats. Selling this bike. Here is the latest pic and some info:

Modified a bit…

Mikuni RS36 radial slide carbs with individual filters,push/pull throttle, RC51 forks/brakes, CBR929 triple clamps, Bandit 1200swingarm with custom dual-shock conversion, Progressive Suspension shocks, RC513.5” front and 6” rear wheel, braided stainless/Teflon front brake lines,custom made rear axle, custom offset countershaft sprocket and custom reverseoffset rear wheel sprocket, new EK530 MVXZ black/gold chain, 4-1 exhaust withcarbon fiber Yoshimura muffler, CB1000F rearsets/brake/shift lever, AGMbattery, service manual.

Probably forgot a bunch. Runs and drives excellent! Needs afew things to be complete: speedometer solution. Stock speedo is not hooked upas there is no way to do so to this wheel setup and I haven’t engineered asolution or simply used an electronic solution. The rear brake reservoir is notmounted to my liking.

The top triple clamp still has the Honda logo in place andwhile I do like my Honda`s, I have a Suzuki Logo to include and was going tohave the top triple machined to take it.

There is a scratch in the paint on the right side of thetank and a couple chips/scratches here and there. There are no turn signals orreflectors installed as I was going to fill/smooth the holes and paint thebodywork. The tires are Bridgestone BT016. The rear is a brand new 190/50/17and the left edge touches the chain. I did have a 180/55 on this bike when Idid the modifications and still have that tire if you wish. There are noclearance issues with the 180.

Starts/runs/drives/brakes/steers excellent! Needs verylittle to be turned into a very unique Kat of a very high standard. I hate tosell but it`s time to admit I can`t focus on my bike projects as I would likeand it just sits.

$4000/offers?

Tom

71nine-21zero-444five

1986 VF1000R
          1986 VF1000R
          1984 VF1000F
          1983 CB1100F
          1983 GS1100S Katana

Comment

Hey VF, sorry to read your selling the Kat...I see you on the CB1100F site and one day I spotted your Kat ib the background of one of your pics....got me thinking and I bought one just about a month ago. I sent you a PM a couple week ago I think on the CB site...hope it made it.

I understand the need to sell when you have other projects. Hope the sell goes well...you should be able to sell that bad boy quickly.

See on the CB site,

mario
            79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

Very nice

Comment

The Kat is now sold and gone.
                1986 VF1000R
                1986 VF1000R
                1984 VF1000F
                1983 CB1100F
                1983 GS1100S Katana

Comment

I am surprised it took that long to seel it..

That Kat was nice....see ya on the 1100 site brotha!
                  79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

Working...
                  X