No announcement yet.
X

In case you were not sure.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya.....kinda the same idea. quite similar actually.
    I don't know much about a damper, other than it's purpose......but isn't it a self contained unit? what I mean is no hoses running in/out of it. these ones are somehow tied into the calipers.....and that is what I want to know.....why?
    I am going to do a google search someday soon and find out exactly what the "mechanics" of these things are.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
      ya.....kinda the same idea. quite similar actually.
      I don't know much about a damper, other than it's purpose......but isn't it a self contained unit? what I mean is no hoses running in/out of it. these ones are somehow tied into the calipers.....and that is what I want to know.....why?
      I am going to do a google search someday soon and find out exactly what the "mechanics" of these things are.

And when you find out, bring back that information and share with us!!!!! Cause Ive got the "concept" BUT why link it to the brake system. When you apply the front brake it also increases the "firmness" of the damping affect of the fork? maybe? maybe not? Like I said Im definately curious!
      Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

OK...as I understand it...

when the bike is riding normally...the front end acts normally.

when you hit the front brake, the fluid then closes the anti-dive unit and makes the front end solid.

problem is....when braking on uneven pavement...you can get front end chatter in the worst scenarios.

The anti dive was first used un GP bikes (you know...the Gamma) but racetracks are supposed to be smooth. They wanted to use the latest technology on this ground-breaking bike...and since the suspension and frame technology of the time (compounded by a 19" wheel") is nowhere close to what was to become available in a few shorty years....the all-new...racebike inspired GSX-R.

Comment

that's kinda the way I figured it worked. that is why some of them are adjustable....to even out the weight transfer to suit your riding.

Comment

Here's another oldie. How about an 84 750SE?

Comment

yup....that fits here. got a pic of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                OK...as I understand it...

when the bike is riding normally...the front end acts normally.

when you hit the front brake, the fluid then closes the anti-dive unit and makes the front end solid.

problem is....when braking on uneven pavement...you can get front end chatter in the worst scenarios.

The anti dive was first used un GP bikes (you know...the Gamma) but racetracks are supposed to be smooth. They wanted to use the latest technology on this ground-breaking bike...and since the suspension and frame technology of the time (compounded by a 19" wheel") is nowhere close to what was to become available in a few shorty years....the all-new...racebike inspired GSX-R.
                Thank you, now I know!!!
                Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The Vintage Katana Owners Group will have a booth at the Toronto Bike show this weekend for any one who is interested.

Ted Cymbaly has been spearheading this effort and encourages every Vintage Kat owner (1986 or older) to join. It's free and he puts out a newsletter with lots of great info and organizes rides in the summer.

You can reach him at [email protected].

Comment

the e-mail address wasn't valid...or I just have no idea what I am doing!

Comment

I confirmed that it is the right email address for Ted.

Try again.

Comment

Originally posted by bikerboybilly
                        The Vintage Katana Owners Group will have a booth at the Toronto Bike show this weekend for any one who is interested.

Ted Cymbaly has been spearheading this effort and encourages every Vintage Kat owner (1986 or older) to join. It's free and he puts out a newsletter with lots of great info and organizes rides in the summer.

You can reach him at [email protected].
                        I saw them yesterday at the show. VERY impressive lineup of classic Kats. I wish I had my camera on me to take a picture, sorry guys
                        Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                        Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I was talking to Ted last night at the show as well. Nice guy, and a nice selection of old Kats their too. Same as Jackal, I wish I brought a camera.

Anywho, I was talking to him about the pop up headlight model, cause I remembered Mojoe needing a part, and he gave me his busness card so you guys could get in touch with each other. Range and Mojoe I'll P.M you his e-maill addy, seeing how it's his business adress, and I don't want to publish it. So anyone who is interested Pm me and I'll forward it to you.

Comment

thanks Dan....Steve Guelph sent me the pictures...NICE Katanas

Comment

So give 'em up

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
                                So give 'em up
                                look at the 750 post...pretty much the same pictures

Comment

Working...
                                X