X

New Paint Color

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Paint Color

(This is posted in 2 different threads in case you read it before)

Well here is my first bike that I purchased on July 3rd, 2006 for $1,100. It is a 1996 Suzuki Katana 600:

And this was in December of '06

From there I've revamped the whole thing and added alot of new parts including; Carbon fiber Clutch & Brake levers, Carbon fiber Turn signals, Russell Rear Brake Line Kit, ART Exhaust pipe, EBC Pro-Lite Brake Rotor, RK GB530XSO Chain and Sprocket Kit, EBC SRC Race/Sport Kevlar Clutch Kit and various missing screws and bolts and carburetor parts. It totaled a whopping $3,845...and I bought the bike for $1,100. After putting in that amount of cash, I decided to keep the bike forever and get the plastics painted. After carefully choosing I decided to go with "Sunset Orange Pearl Metallic". This color was used on the 2002 Pontiac Trans-am WS-6 and was never used again because the car was discontinued. I love that color and the car and thought it would look great on a Katana. Another $1,200 later, out came this beautiful bike that I'm very proud to ride! The frame, as well as, the triple tree, forks, and exhaust were recoated with flat black to accent the orange color. I hope you like it and vote for me as Katana of the Month! Thanks!

Without further adu:

On the way I have a Progrip carbon fiber tank protector and gas cap protector as well as a 10mm Bully lock disc lock to protect this investment. Teddy is making me black GSX and 600 decals and a chrome "F". I have the "how to" on making some frame sliders and hope to do that maybe this winter or sooner.

excellent color choice!
    Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window!

Comment

Originally posted by Lunchbox
      excellent color choice!
      Thank you sir!

Comment

awesome. nice 2 see before and afters
        -Chris V.

Comment

Its a beauty!!

Comment

I never thought I'd like orange but I've seen a couple bikes, including yours, on this forum that really look great. A+

Comment

Working...
            X