X

fuel petcock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel petcock

This probably seems like a easy question, but...I have a 95 kat600 and can't read the what the different postions on fuel switch are. I am guessing there is an on, off, and reserve, but because of a pervious repaint by the past owner, i can't read which is which.

on is down, reserve is forward, prime is back, there is no off
    Last edited by arsenic; 06-23-2008, 11:24 PM.

Comment

right side -prime
      left side- reserve
      bottom-on
      sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Man you guys are quick. Thanks for the help!!

Comment

Originally posted by wes95kat View Post
          thats what the site is all about helping each other when help is needed
          sigpicAllan

Comment

Originally posted by wes95kat View Post
            correction, I'm quick, other people just post the same thing 5 minutes later

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              correction, I'm quick, other people just post the same thing 5 minutes later
              its quite possible that two are typing a response at the same time
              so your comment you being quick and people posting 5 mins later was uncall for
              sigpicAllan

Comment

What's the function of the "prime" position? From snomobiling I'm used to having either primer or a choke, but not usually both.
                2008 ZZR 600 (His)
                Black
                Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
                Red
                Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

PRIME - Is for when your bike has been parked for awhile and all the gas has drained from the carb bowls. IT flows gas directly into the bowls in order to give the bike some help starting...Dont ride with this on, it will FOUL plugs...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Ok, so sort of the same concept. But, if there is no "off" position for the fuel petcock, how do the bowls get drained? I presume this is something you would do manually if you knew the bike would be sitting for a while?
                    2008 ZZR 600 (His)
                    Black
                    Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
                    Red

Comment

Yes, you can drain the bowls, each have a screw. Also, if you tip the bike over, they will drain, or if it's sat a long time. Just run prime for about 30 seconds to get the bowls filled up.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

That's good info to know. If the bike is only sat for a couple of days and you put it on "prime" will you flood the bike I wonder? More curiosity here .. *total noob, can ya tell??* thanks again for the info and sorry to the original poster if I've hijacked your thread!!
                        2008 ZZR 600 (His)
                        Black
                        Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
                        Red

Comment

only use prime if your bike will not start after bike kick over put petcock to the on position
                          Last edited by JBLUE; 06-24-2008, 02:43 PM.
                          sigpicAllan

Comment

Originally posted by Electrical_Tech View Post
                            That's good info to know. If the bike is only sat for a couple of days and you put it on "prime" will you flood the bike I wonder? More curiosity here .. *total noob, can ya tell??* thanks again for the info and sorry to the original poster if I've hijacked your thread!!
                            no typically only need prime if it's been sitting for several week maybe months....

Or when i had my Kat on very cold mornings and nights....for some reason damn thing wouldn't start when it was in the 20's 30's....unless i put it on PRI...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Dude .. in the 20s and 30s, you need a snowmobile, not a motorcycle!! Gahh .. I can't begin to think on the windchill effects at those temps!!! LOL
                              2008 ZZR 600 (His)
                              Black
                              Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
                              Red

Comment

Working...
                              X