X

Gas Mileage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Mileage

What mileage is everyone getting on the gsx650f? I've had mine since march, have 600+ miles. And the best I seem to get is 35-40 mpg. I'm alittle mad. I'm about to start riding my ninja again.

wow really? I would have expected with it being FI it would get better mileage than it's older carbuerated brothers and sisters. I get roughly 47mpg on my 06 Kat.
    '06 600 Katana
    http://www.facebook.com/herb.wright
    Official Member of the I Own A 98+ But I Think Pre's Look Good Also Club

Originally posted by Kreylyn
    Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

Comment

I'd say it's not even broken in.. Get out and ride it and I bet you get 40+ I get 40 on my Gixxer..
      2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
      Traded in the 02 KAT 600 and sold the 02 KX250..
      2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

I get 40 on my V-Star 1100

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Its all in the driving style fellas. If your gettin on it alot then the mileage is gonna show it.

Comment

This is my 1st brand new bike, I was wondering about a brake in period. I thought it would get better mpg cause of the FI, too. Don't get on it to much. I uauslly shift between 5,000 and 6,000 rpm.
            Last edited by MY08GSX650F; 06-04-2008, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I have almost 2k miles on mine and usually take it pretty easy back & forth to work (Usually 55-70 mph) and the last few tanks have come in at right around 52 mpg. And I'm a big guy 6'7", 235 lbs., just gotta stay tucked in out of the wind.

Comment

gas mileage on 08 650 gsxf

I just hit 980miles, average is 43 so far. I drive city almost all the time.
                2 wheels or walk!

Comment

wow...I've been looking at these bikes hard. DJ2826 I guess 43 around the city isn't to bad is it? A guy at my local dealer has one and said he regularly got between 50-55mpg, but said his was 95% highway/interstate.

Comment

What gas are you guys using? 87, 89 or 93?

Comment

I'm cheap -- I'm burning regular

If you are looking, I'm thrilled with the new gsxf. I sat on the fence for a long time. Took the plunge (my wife is still mad) and haven't missed a day yet! I did get out on the highway this weekend for a morning, looks like it went 48.7mpg, but I was also driving ...a little fast... most of the time!!! If I kept it below 70 I wouldn't be suprised to see it hit 50mpg
                      2 wheels or walk!

Comment

interesting numbers.

Comment

Comment

I was getting 47.5 to 48 mpg riding on a combination of back roads and interstate highway, I didnt have it broke in yet but i will do another check and post it!

Comment

I'm averaging about 43 mpg with my stock 750. This is with some fast riding and some taking it easy style driving. About in a 40/60 ratio. If I took it easy all the time, I bet it would get high 40's. That is too difficult to do on a bike though.

Comment

Working...
                              X