X

pulled the fairings for nothing really... silly me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulled the fairings for nothing really... silly me

so I was driving home from work yesterday when I thought about how dirty my bike was from the weeks worth of rain. I decided I 'd washe her when I got in and so I pulled in and rolled backwards down hill till I reached the spigot. I easily rolled it up on the centerstand and began the job. As I got near the lower right fairings, to my horror, I saw the oil level was completely filling up the sight glass. I've seen that before and it was no fun. A float had stuck and my petcock seal had leaked and gas leaked into my oil and so after her bath I pushed her up to the shop and began disassmbly. When I did the left side first and then I got down to that lower bolt on the fairing and saw the sight glass once more. It was now nicely between the min and max levels... what???

yep, it had been checked while on a hill... I felt pretty silly. not to waste my effort I cleaned everything I could get to. Atleast its clean!!!
    yep, I think I'm finally responsible enough to ride a bike that I don't have to pedal ; )

hahaha that sucks! That happened to me before....I was doing my first oil change and didn't have the bike standing straight, so I kept adding oil. When i tried to remove some of the oil to bring it back down to spec level, i released the oil plug and couldn't get it back in there in time....had to let all the oil drain out into a mix of the old oil and essentially had to run out and grab another jug of oil and finish. Sometimes the smallest things give you the biggest headaches but the best laughs.
    - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

yep, and guaranteed to never forget it! I hope : )
      yep, I think I'm finally responsible enough to ride a bike that I don't have to pedal ; )

Comment

mine has freaked me out a few times.what a relief though..........
        im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

LOL. I did that with my very 1st oil change. Live and learn, they say! =P

Comment

Working...
          X