X

Hesitation at any RPM when warm only

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hesitation at any RPM when warm only

Hey Guys, I've ridden my 2006 Katana 600 for a little while like this. When warm it hesitates for a split second and if you give it more throttle it powers through it. Any insight on what is causing this? I think I'm going to dig into it tonight. Other than that it's perfect. Has a little afterfire, but it doesn't happen often. Just did a 300 mile trip yesterday. Didn't want to tear into it and make it worse without knowing the problem. It's still rideable as is, the slight hesitation can just be annoying. Doesn't matter the rpm, or speed. It does it when fully warm.

I'm not sure if the cause is too little gas, or too much?

FP Jet Kit
    Stock Jets
    Needle on the 4th notch down
    Float height 14mm
    Last edited by Xerrith; 04-10-2017, 11:02 AM.

Originally posted by Xerrith View Post
    Hey Guys, I've ridden my 2006 Katana 600 for a little while like this. When warm it hesitates for a split second and if you give it more throttle it powers through it. Any insight on what is causing this? I think I'm going to dig into it tonight. Other than that it's perfect. Has a little afterfire, but it doesn't happen often. Just did a 300 mile trip yesterday. Didn't want to tear into it and make it worse without knowing the problem. It's still rideable as is, the slight hesitation can just be annoying. Doesn't matter the rpm, or speed. It does it when fully warm.

I'm not sure if the cause is too little gas, or too much?

FP Jet Kit
    Stock Jets
    Needle on the 4th notch down
    Float height 14mm
    Have the carbs been synced?

Check the oil is not over full and does not smell of fuel at all also.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X