X

Another gas cap with no key....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another gas cap with no key....

Hey guys so I just came across a great deal on a new gas tank for my kat but its missing a key for the cap... What are my options??? What other models use the same cap? I haven't put it on the bike so I can take off the fuel sender unit and maybe loosen the last bolt on the gas cap from the inside. (Is this possible???) Any help would be great! Thanks.

Oh and BTW I'd really rather not drill the tumblers out......

I don't think you'll be able to loosen a bolt from the inside of the tank, even if your arm did manage to bend at the weird angle it would take to do it.

Drill the lock out, and use the cap you've already got.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

^+1 use the lock that you have

Comment

So I'd basically have a non-locking cap? And I assume when you say drill the lock out, I should go to town with a drill right in the key hole??? Thanks!

Comment

Im always confused as to what anyone needs a locking gas cap for. Vortex cap ftw.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

You don't want someone to remove, or add anything to your tank while you are away from the machine.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks for the help guys! I actually just got off the phone with a local locksmith and he said he could make a key for the lock no problem for about 30 bucks. I'm going to try that route and if that doesn't work consider a couple other ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                You don't want someone to remove, or add anything to your tank while you are away from the machine.
                Thats goofy, but then again if I'm not riding my bike its in my locked garage.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                X