Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What is the best set of tires for a 2000 Katana 600?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best set of tires for a 2000 Katana 600?

I have heard you can put a 160, but is that too big? Will it really change the handling that much? What would you recomend, dual compound or just a soft tire? What is the best combination for front and rear?

Depends on how you ride your bike.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I have a Pilot Power 2 CT on the rear of my post. I love it. It makes the bike turn much better and I feel like I have much more grip in turns now. I cant wait to get the matching front. I went with a 160x70 I believe.
      New Carbs and new tires makes it hard to take it easy on the throttle....

Comment

If going with the 160 on a post set up the common size is 160/60.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          Depends on how you ride your bike.
          I mostly ride on the weekends on winding back roads, not too much commuting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sjorge3442 View Post
            I have a Pilot Power 2 CT on the rear of my post. I love it. It makes the bike turn much better and I feel like I have much more grip in turns now. I cant wait to get the matching front. I went with a 160x70 I believe.
            While having a good rear tire is nice, the front tire is the one I'm concerned about having the good grippy rubber. If you look up sport tire compounds, the front generally has the stickier rubber of the two. The turning rate is affected highly by the rear profile. The rear's stickiness is more for acceleration while leaning, Kats generally don't have the power to spin out in a turn unless the rider just plain doesnt have any sense of control.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
              While having a good rear tire is nice, the front tire is the one I'm concerned about having the good grippy rubber. If you look up sport tire compounds, the front generally has the stickier rubber of the two. The turning rate is affected highly by the rear profile. The rear's stickiness is more for acceleration while leaning, Kats generally don't have the power to spin out in a turn unless the rider just plain doesnt have any sense of control.
              very true. and with that said what is the best tires front/ rear to get for max back road ripping

Comment

Originally posted by rob22602 View Post
                very true. and with that said what is the best tires front/ rear to get for max back road ripping
                Best in a 120/160 combo? Pilot Power 2CT.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

ok now best sit to buy tires

Comment

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

Last set of tires I did on the Kat I went 160 on the rear, no regrets or problems.
                      2000 Katana 600
                      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Working...
                      X