No announcement yet.
X

anybody need a 1982 Katana 1000 Frame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody need a 1982 Katana 1000 Frame?

I have a 82 Kat frame.Wondering if anybody can make use of it?Drag bike??or if you live in a State or Province that will let you insure it with a bill of sale?

I crashed my bike and my insurance company branded it non-insurable.I bought it back ,took off all the parts and now have a bare frame left over.

If you need a frame make an offer and she's yours!or maybe trade for some other kat parts??

See the pics of the bike when it was crashed(no real damage except front forks and cowling)

PM if interested.Im located in Vancouver,BC.
    Attached Files

Is there any damage to the frame? Thanks, Ray.
    85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

kat frame

Hi Ray,
      No damage to the frame.
      Cheers,
      Cans

Comment

How much do you need for it? What parts might you need I may have to trade? Ray.
        85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

I have TWO 1100 frames that I would be willing to trade for a good dual exhaust for a 84-86 750....if anyone is interested.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I'm interested....

Cans,

I'm interested. Wouldn't want to get between you and Ray, but if that doesn't pan out, I could surely put it to good use and soon.

I've got a frame that is bent that I planned on straightening/de-raking but I'm sure not looking forward to it. Rather start with something straight.

Z

Comment

Zack....if ray and cans do their deal, I will let you have one for cheap. $100 plus shipping.

Comment

Mojoe, undamaged? & with or without title? Thanks, Ray.

Comment

frame

to all the people that pm me,I had two frames one is garbage(not for sale)one is undamaged (for sale)
                  Last edited by cans; 01-05-2010, 08:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by cans View Post
                    Not sure who wants the frame.Seems quite funny that others cant advertise there own frames under there own posts?guess you really need the 100 bucks?

To those members that PM about the frame,drop me another message if your interested.I know the kat frames are rare,rather then bringing it to the scrap yard i thought some other member could bring it back to life.
                    Cheers,
                    Cans
                    you're right.....I kinda hijacked ya. sorry about that. I am usually one to give people sh*t for doing that.

to be honest, it has nothing to do with needing the $100. far from it actually. I just saw the word "trade" in there and I am in dire need of a stock 750 exhaust.....so I thought I would go "fishing" for one. plus ray seemed interested in yours, so I thought I would help Zack out. I had no intention of getting between you and Ray.

sorry bud!

Comment

frame

we are cool,no problem.hope you sell your stuff!
                      Cheers,
                      Cans

no problem.(my spelling was a bit off)hope you sell your stuff!
                      Cheers,
                      Cans
                      Last edited by cans; 01-05-2010, 08:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

cool!

although I am not even really trying to sell it. they are in the storage shed in the backyard, with enough snow between me and them that they can darn well stay there until spring. if someone wanted it NOW, I would have to charge them a $100 just to make it worth my while to go and dig them out

Comment

snow....dont miss it .thats why i moved to the west coast from the middle of canada.mind you we have alot of rain.so i guess its all the same.wet or cold we still cant ride our machines till spring.CANT WAIT!

No hard feelings Mojoe,take it easy!Cans

Comment

I was just talking to my friend over the holidays. he is from Surrey. he is still riding, so he says.

Comment

you can still ride,but its chilly and during the christmas holidays people drive like idiots.well actually in vancouver people drive like idiots all year long....crashed both my kats (into other peoples cars)not my fault.

anyways im sure we all have had run ins with bad drivers,doesnt matter where you live.

Comment

Working...
                              X