X

Hard bags for the GSX650F

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard bags for the GSX650F

I'm looking for bags for this bike. Givi bag mounting racks are so ugly and they still don't have the 08 GSX650F listed.
    Worst part of having the first year run of a bike is nobody has made aftermarket parts yet.
    Any suggestions? Sites that might offer alternatives to Givi?
    Not to get on a soapbox here but with gas prices possibly pushing more people to buy a motorcycle or scooter, why don't manufacturers design more storage into their bikes???

Paul

Try twistedthrottle.com They have a good assortment of manufacturers along with GIVI: SWMotech, 5 Stars, Hepco, etc. I'm sure you'll be able to find a system that will fit your bike there - just received my GIVI trunk and bracket from them (Simply 450). Very quick delivery and better prices than I could find locally.
    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
      Try twistedthrottle.com They have a good assortment of manufacturers along with GIVI: SWMotech, 5 Stars, Hepco, etc. I'm sure you'll be able to find a system that will fit your bike there - just received my GIVI trunk and bracket from them (Simply 450). Very quick delivery and better prices than I could find locally.
      +1

Here's the link for the GSX650F page.

They have the Givi's listed but only the top rack by SW-MOTECH.

Originally posted by aviatorandwriter View Post
      Not to get on a soapbox here but with gas prices possibly pushing more people to buy a motorcycle or scooter, why don't manufacturers design more storage into their bikes???

Paul

Aprilia Cargobike

Last edited by squiggy; 05-06-2008, 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Looks like the GIVI PLX539 mounts will work for the V35 Bags.
        The mounts are 207.90 and the V35 bags are 490.50 so for about 700 your in business.

Comment

Re: Hard bags for the GSX650F

Thanks for all of the help. I'll check it out and report on whatever goes on the bike.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by aviatorandwriter View Post
            It's common in Europe for manufacturers to offer the same bikes they offer here, except decked out with full luggage & racks. The mind-set for much of the USA is that bikes are leisure vehicles rather than full-time/all-purpose vehicles, so factory-bundled luggage offerings here are usually reserved for heavy sport-tourers and dedicated tourers.

Example #1: The Brits offer the Bandit 650 and Bandit 1250 with full luggage (as well as a lower-fairing) as a standard Suzuki-option; the Canadians jumped on the 1250 bags/racks option, but skipped the lower fairing and skipped the Bandit 650 with bags or lowers.
            The US Suzuki dealers voted it down on both models and don't offer it as a bundled option from Suzuki.

Example #2: Most higher-priced bikes (think GSXR, CBR, etc.) ship standard in Europe with some form of electronic-enabled key these days (as do most cars there) -- there's a chip in the key that has to hand-shake the CDI to make the bike fire up, eliminating quite a bit of joy-riding theft (doesn't eliminate guys swiping bikes to part them out, or carrying them away with full intention of getting the right ignition/CDI replacement). The US dealer network has steadfast refused this option, in large part because it tacks on an extra $150 - $300 to the final sales price. I've also heard them argue that even though it would make full-comp insurance cheaper (by reducing theft rates), theft is actually good for their end of the industry, because the insurance pays out and people buy another bike (increasing total new-bike sales).

These kind of decisions (in the USA) are actually made at an annual conference in Las Vegas every Fall, when the various manufacturers roll out their newest models for the dealer network to inspect and place their preliminary orders. At that time, the dealers vote for which models will see the American market and what options will be standardized. When you don't see a Suzuki 400cc starter bike nor see baggage on the Bandits or GSXF models, nor see electronic immobilizer circuits tied to the keys, it's all the fault of the dealer network's voting against these things.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

how about E41

Anybody knows if the GIVI E41 would fit on the GSX650F? I am really digging the keyless feature of these sidebags but not sure if the pipe would get in the way.

Also, regardless PL or PLX racks, E41 or V35, you would have to move the rear turn signals right? I remember reading somewhere on the forum that someone is gonna post instructions on mounting the givi racks and moving the turn signals. But i haven't seen any follow-up yet

thx
              dean

Comment

I know the previous (98-06) Kats had to move the blinkers; no clue on whether the newer racks require that on the GSX650F. Suggest you contact Givi and ask.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Streaker View Post
                  Looks like the GIVI PLX539 mounts will work for the V35 Bags.
                  The mounts are 207.90 and the V35 bags are 490.50 so for about 700 your in business.

Unless Givi changed their mind, they had no intentioon of making a racking system that would fit the GSX650F or 98+ to accomodate the use of the V35 Bags. I installed the E360 bags with the SW Motech set up. Rear signal lights had to be removed and reinstalled.

You can see pics here:

R.I.P. Marc

Comment

cool thx guys

Comment

Hey I am new here. Just wanted to put something on here. I recently got my Suzuki side cases and the mounting hard ware is F'd first the dealer thought he had all my stuff in order to put them on the bike so I installed this bracket and then went to put the cases on and Hey O another bracket is required costing 220 bucks more on top of the 165 bracket I originally bought and then the side cases 465 or so and the must needed side inserts at 229 Holly crap expensive. just so you all know.

Comment

Maybe you should have gotten this bike? Linky below

The CBR1100XX in my pic's had Givi Trunk with Corbin bags. Nice set up but expensive to put together.

Comment

Givi Bags

My wife has the gsx650f in black. Bought it in Butte Montana after her 750 kat crapped out. We put on Givi hard bags with the mounts and they look awesome! Perfect color match!! Just as good as my Concours 14 does. Just waiting for the Clear Alternative intergrated tail light and it will be perfect,. The bags mounted in about an hour.

Comment

been awhile since I was on here to update the install of the $1000 dollar side cases. they finally got on but not without having to drill a couple mounting holes 1/8th bigger to get the bolts to line up. they are good though. bit hard for a short guy like me to swing the legs over but still better than carrying a back pack. even fits my full face helmet inside when parked.

Comment

GiVi does make top & side cases for the post '98 Kats. Great fit & finish. Top of the line stuff.
                              'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
                              ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
                              ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X