X

Issue with Sprocket change

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Sprocket change

I changed the front and rear sprocket and seem to be having an issue with the front. It has been all put back together now and there is slight movement with the wheel. The bike start and runs in neutral, but the moment you shift in the gear, the bike cuts out. seems as if the sprocket or somewhere in the engine is locked up. not sure what I did wrong, The only thing i can think of is I did spin the engine a little when I was loosening and tightening the spocket bolt.
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

You didn't happen to jostle the neutral switch wires when you were in there, did you (i'm not sure if they are in the same place on a post)? Side stand switch maybe?

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

It sounds like the side-stand cutoff switch to me (IMHO of course).
      American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

Side stand sensor most likely.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

no, the engine is locked up. nothing is letting the sprocket turn. even when the engine is off. something wont let the front sprocket move.
          myspace
          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Sounds like you need to take the cover off and check and see if there is something left behind it or out of place. just to make sure especially if the engine wont turn over. you dont want to cause anymore damage if there is any.

Comment

Is it binding?
              -Steve

sigpic

Comment

You did lift the kickstand before trying to restart it cause it wont restart if the bike is in gear and the kickstand is down.?

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                  Is it binding?
                  Yes it is binding, at first it wouldn't move. I took it apart and put it back together and now its spins, but something is still binding. there is a tapping sound from the front sprocket area. taps faster in second gear. Now it is a Vortex sprocket and I notice that the center is not the same thickness as the stock sprocket, but i put everything back on like it came off and even double checked with fiche files, but extra spacers in there or something?
                  myspace
                  2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Pictures would help a LOT
                    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                    18v Rigid Drill
                    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Umm trying to think. I went a front 14T and Rear 50T( I think thats right) anyway finals like a 3.51. What gear ratio did you go.
                      sigpic
                      Update Jul 11 2014
                      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
                        Yes it is binding, at first it wouldn't move. I took it apart and put it back together and now its spins, but something is still binding. there is a tapping sound from the front sprocket area. taps faster in second gear. Now it is a Vortex sprocket and I notice that the center is not the same thickness as the stock sprocket, but i put everything back on like it came off and even double checked with fiche files, but extra spacers in there or something?

You should call Jimmy... if you don't have his phone number... I think it's on his site www.mopowersports.com
                        -Steve

sigpic

Comment

maybe that helps.

Its a 16 tooth front and 43 tooth rear
                          myspace
                          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Not helping here. But Loving the black swingarm and sprocket

Man you should've got black sprocket nuts
                            sigpic
                            Update Jul 11 2014
                            Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

is it making contact at either of these two points? I only ask because the cast park in the back looks like it may be scuffed a bit. I also wanted to ask why you went bigger in the front and smaller in the rear? Trying to get better milage or something? Anyway, if it is making contact then I'd say thats the problem. Has anyone else ever tryed a larger front sprocket?
                              Attached Files
                              sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
                              RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                              I Miss You Pop
                              2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
                              BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

Working...
                              X