Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

OMG air/fuel screws were totally closed!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG air/fuel screws were totally closed!!

I have been working on my bike all last week and one of the last things I was doing was a carb sync. I was having problems getting them just right. The idle on my bike has always been lumpy. I purchased it used with a full exhaust and was supposedly jetting and dyno ( I have the dyno printout) by a local performance shop. It has always ran well, but had a lumpy idle and no power right off idle. Other than that it runs great...

For giggles I decided to test and see how far the air fuel screws were turned out. What I found was 3 of the 4 carbs had the screws all the way in tight!!! One carb was maybe 1.5 turns out. I set all carbs to 2.25 turns out (figured that might be a good setting with K&N filter and full pipe.) After turning those out the bike idles silky smooth. I have rode 5K+ miles like this. I can’t believe it ever idled with the screws all the way in. I have not had a chance to ride it, but the carbs synced right up with out issue, so I assume everything will run great now. How could it run with those screws tight?

The pilot screw controls fuel flow through 1 of 3 holes . There are 2 other holes still supplying fuel even when the pilot screw is all the way in .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
    X