X

Headlight modulators

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight modulators

After riding on the LA freeways all day today among the nut jobs and pumpkin pie-dreaming morons, I've decided to get a headlight modulator for my '05 600. I was just wondering if anyone here has one, and can give me an honest review of the best/worst of them out there. Thanks in advance!

Make sure to check the legality of said device. Especially since pretty much everything is illegal in kalifornyuh.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      Make sure to check the legality of said device. Especially since pretty much everything is illegal in kalifornyuh.
      Oh believe me....I grew up here, so I've been trained to do exactly that.

It's legal, and I don't think I want it on all the time...just when I'm splitting down the carpool lane during rush hour or riding in heavy traffic. People here just seem to have their heads in the sand when they're driving. Hopefully someone here can give me some insight.....

Comment

I went on a ride with a group two weeks ago and the guy that road sweeper had one on his bike. They do work well for getting noticed but I wonder if modulating the headlight shortens it's life?
        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

i would imagine it's similar to flicking a light switch on and off repeatedly.
          -Brandon

Comment

Even if it does, headlight bulbs are relatively cheap. Sometimes I'll turn on the 4 way flashers when I'm splitting lanes, and it's like parting the red sea. All the cars move over, and I don't have to worry about them not seeing me as much. I'm sure a headlight modulator will have a similar effect....

Comment

I usually just ride in the HOV lane. It's safer. But, by all means, get a modulator. It will make you more visible. Let us know how you like it and if it gives you the results you are after.
              sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
              1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
              2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
              First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
              Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by badwithcomputer View Post
                i would imagine it's similar to flicking a light switch on and off repeatedly.
                The light never turns all the way off, just dims a few percent, it may actually lengthen the life of the bulb.
                Personally, I find them annoying & distracting but NEVER non-attention-getting, yes get one!

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
                  I usually just ride in the HOV lane. It's safer. But, by all means, get a modulator. It will make you more visible. Let us know how you like it and if it gives you the results you are after.
                  I ride in the HOV lane too, but they seem to stop as well during the right time of day. I ordered the signal dynamics modulator. I'm thinking it'll definitely help keeping me visible to people who like to jump lanes....

Comment

Working...
                  X