X

My key Broke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My key Broke

So the only key that i had for my 05 has cracked and now i dont have one. yes i am an idiot for not havng a copy..... i researched and some people say that you can obtain a code and title and locksmith can make u an extra copy. where would this code be located on a 05 post 600. Thanks Ed, and i am the second owner of the bike so i dont have the little plate that comes with bike where it is stamped but i do have the title

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    So the only key that i had for my 05 has cracked and now i dont have one. yes i am an idiot for not havng a copy..... i researched and some people say that you can obtain a code and title and locksmith can make u an extra copy. where would this code be located on a 05 post 600. Thanks Ed, and i am the second owner of the bike so i dont have the little plate that comes with bike where it is stamped but i do have the title
    Your only option at this point is to take the ignition to a locksmith. They can use that to make a new key. Your looking at probably less than $50, but not much less.

The "key code" was originally provided on a small plastic tag attatched via key ring with the keys when the dealer provided them after purchase. Most dealers would not be able to provide that information for you after the fact. I've yet to hear of a successfull attempt at getting that information directly from Suzuki either.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I have a buddy who is going through the same thing right now with his CBR125. He'll probably end up getting a new key and lockset from the dealer. It's more pricey than the locksmith option, but not all locksmiths can make you a key from a lock... or would be willing to.
      My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter View Post
        I have a buddy who is going through the same thing right now with his CBR125. He'll probably end up getting a new key and lockset from the dealer.
        Not sure about Suzuki but now I see Honda mentioned. The Honda dealership here made me a new key after I gave them the #'s off the back of the ignition switch.

1997 Katana 600
        Sold
        2006 Katana 600 Salvage

Comment

My key broke last year in the ignition....pulled the ignition..took it to a locksmith...they rebuilt the entire thing and made me 2 keys for $75.

Now it turns smoother than it ever has.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X