No announcement yet.
X

katana life expectancy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know im not saying its amazing, but i guarantee its going to outrun alot more than a 250 that my gs500 could run. and a harleys a joke. and regardless of years, numbers are numbers, and even to this day thats impressive. sorry im just pretty dam proud of my katana
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I don't blame you. It's a nice bike. It's not a GSXR and don't ever think it's in the same class.

Comment

Well in my opinion most any bike,car, or truck will last as long as the ower gives a ****. With that being said I've only had my Kat for about 6 months and had to have some work done to get it in good working order. She runs like a dream now, but she's no GSXR or yami or cbr. If I wanted that kind of bike I would have bought one. The Kat serves my needs. I have a bad back, so the ride position works well for me. It's my daily commuter so the mpg aren't bad at all. She may be heavy *****, but she can get up enough to get me out of dicey spots or keep me pleasured in the twisties. Shes not the ugliest bike on the road. So all in all the Katana is a bike that fits me and my needs. I plan to keep her around a long time.

Comment

I have a kat 1100 and asked this question of a bike shop owner whose personal ride was a '89 GSX 1100R.
          He told me 100k miles can be expected. If the bike is raced a lot, still 100K, but the head might need to come off at 50K miles- he has had to do headwork on tracked bikes.
          I have also heard tht bikes that are wheelied a lot need head sooner, maybe from oil starvation?
          Seeing how the kat has a less stresssed life, should last a long time. I remember reading posts on the Bandit board from riders approaching 200K miles. Of course, they were 1200cc bikes, not 600/750cc.
          I think with these bikes, they have much better chance of being wadded up than from the motor wearing out.
          FWIW, motorcycleonline, about 12 years ago, did a complete rebuild of a sacs powered gxsr 1100 (don't remember the year), thing was trashed at around 50k miles and they turned it into a screaming track bike. Wish I still had the article as they did some cool things to the motor.

Comment

Yea. I love it. And I like the looks it gets. It's not a run of the mill rocket you see on the road.
            Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

it s all the bike i need at this point. thats why i like mine . ive put 1500 miles on mine in 1 and a half months. love it .
              im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Don't tell the GSXR, R1, CBR(insert displacement)RR douche, but the Katana is all the bike anyone needs, ever.

Comment

Agreed. I cant even use half its power legally

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    Don't tell the GSXR, R1, CBR(insert displacement)RR douche, but the Katana is all the bike anyone needs, ever.
                    True, but you dont buy a RR because you need one
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      True, but you dont buy a RR because you need one
                      Just don't tell the GSXR, R1. CBR douche that.

Comment

What stage jet would u suggest for 4-1 exhaust?

Comment

Stage 1. That's the only stage I'd recommend for anything, Ever. Stage 3 means you have to use individual pod filters. That is never good. A Factory Pro stage 1 jet kit is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                            Stage 1. That's the only stage I'd recommend for anything, Ever. Stage 3 means you have to use individual pod filters. That is never good. A Factory Pro stage 1 jet kit is the way to go.
                            The shop owner I knew had pods on his gxsr and said it ran great. He also had a few other tweaks. He also had a dyno in his shop.

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                              The shop owner I knew had pods on his gxsr and said it ran great. He also had a few other tweaks. He also had a dyno in his shop.
                              A Katana is also not a gsxr.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                                A Katana is also not a gsxr.
                                Rinse, Repeat. A Katana is also not a gsxr.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Working...
                                X