X

katana life expectancy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katana life expectancy

Probably been covered but how long do katanas "last" by that i mean engine tranny...the expensive not so easy to replace stuff..
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

It's it's well maintained, a long long time.

Comment

Longer than most people keep them.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Ive seen some have severe problems at 3,000 and some still run cherry with oil changes (only) at 120,000. Its all in how you take care of them (excluding lemons).

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          Longer than most people keep them.
          +1, longer than 5 people keep them.

Comment

good. i plan on keeping this one. why is katanas take so much rap from the gixxer and other bikes? to me theyre just as fast and perfromance oriented, and honestly built more for the street
            Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by mahemmjr View Post
              good. i plan on keeping this one. why is katanas take so much rap from the gixxer and other bikes? to me theyre just as fast and perfromance oriented, and honestly built more for the street
              You'll hear it here, too. There are certain types that think Kats are crappy, from what I've read. They'll dig about how it's not fast, not agile, old/useless, crappy and better served as a speed bump.

If you like your bike, give a big middle finger to anyone that trash mouths it.
              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
              Semper Fi

Comment

It takes a bad rap because katana owners say things like "its just as fast and performance oriented as a gsxr" to people who actually have a gsxr.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The Katana is a much more of an over weight pig of a bike and under powerd but its still not a SS bike so I don't under stand why they run there mouth's on the katana.

As for how long they last well I'm not so lucky with mine, Got her with 21k and got to ride it for a mont in a half (800 or so) miles later she lost compression in one of the cylinders . And the funny part is I was not even beating her, but there a much cheaper bike to fix then I though they where!

Comment

im just a numbers person. seems to me my kat will run with most in a straight line, and with a better driver lol in the twisties.

Comment

Here's the number you need to consider. Katana = ~500 lbs. GSXR = not ~500 lbs.

Comment

im just a numbers person. seems to me my kat will run with most in a straight line, and with a better driver lol in the twisties.
                        Ummm....define "most".
                        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                        ------------------------------------------
                        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                          Ummm....define "most".
                          Ninja 2fiddies and hardleys.
                          1992- project katfighter
                          2005- GSXR750
                          2001- TL1000R
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

to 60 in four and around 10.8 in the quarter i think you guys might not be giving the 1100 its due

Comment

In 1988, I'm sure the Katana 1100 was top of the line awesomeness. It's not 1988 anymore. The Katana is an excellent base to modify. To fit in the price range it's in Suzuki cut a lot of corners. I can fix all the corners they cut. I'm not saying the platform is bad by any means. Compared to a sport bike, or any designed in the last decade. It will lose, bad.
                              Last edited by arsenic; 06-04-2012, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X