Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What years did they make the 650 Katana...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What years did they make the 650 Katana...

I own a (2) 600 Katanas. A 1997 and a 2006.

I'm looking at some parts from a guy who insists that he is parting out a 2004 650 Katana. I've tried to look up these parts without success. Can't find any part #'s for a 2004 650 Katana. Only see parts for 2008 and 2009 650 Katana's. His parts pictures look more like 2004 600 Katana parts.

Did they make 650 Katanas in 2004?

1997 Katana 600
    Sold
    2006 Katana 600 Salvage

2008 was the first year for the 650.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Thanks

1997 Katana 600
      Sold
      2006 Katana 600 Salvage

Comment

Gsf650...

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        2008 was the first year for the 650.
        Not totally true...in '05 they bored out the 600 to 650 in the Bandit(air cooled for two years and in '07 went liquid...the GSX650F also came out that year)...the Bandit 600 and Katana 600 have shared engine and trans for quite a while...so he could be confused as to the origin of the 650...

I know this is an older thread, but I haven't signed in for a while...

Later.
        ** Remember...if you're not having fun, you're doing it WRONG!! **

Comment

hmm

Comment

They made a 650 Katana in the year nineteen-ninety-never. They stopped calling them Katana's, probably because they realized how badly they had whored out that name for the past two decades.

The GSX650F started in 08, I believe.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
              They made a 650 Katana in the year nineteen-ninety-never. They stopped calling them Katana's, probably because they realized how badly they had whored out that name for the past two decades.

The GSX650F started in 08, I believe.
              +1
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by madjak30 View Post
                Not totally true...in '05 they bored out the 600 to 650 in the Bandit(air cooled for two years and in '07 went liquid...the GSX650F also came out that year)...the Bandit 600 and Katana 600 have shared engine and trans for quite a while...so he could be confused as to the origin of the 650...

I know this is an older thread, but I haven't signed in for a while...

Later.

Does that mean we can bore out a 600 katana to 650? Or get a Bandit cylinder and piston and install it? What type of carb changes would be required? How much power increase?

Comment

Originally posted by freqflyer View Post
                  Does that mean we can bore out a 600 katana to 650? Or get a Bandit cylinder and piston and install it? What type of carb changes would be required? How much power increase?
                  Ive never heard of it being done, or ever heard of the info the madjak stated. Do know they dont make a piston kit for the 600s though.
                  1992- project katfighter
                  2005- GSXR750
                  2001- TL1000R
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                  www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

The 650, the gsxf anyway, is liquid cooled. So no.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Maybe 5 HP, that's probably pretty optimistic.

Comment

The only product that Suzuki ever made that was officially called a "Katana" was actually a pathetic little scooter (skateboard + bicycle parts + weedeater engine). The name Katana was simply a sticker placed on GSX-F motorcycles designed for import into the US.

During the latter production years (1998-2006) the GSX-F only came in 2 engine sizes - a 600 and a 750. The GSX-F (aka "Katana") was only produced through '06. Nothing in '07. Then the line was re-introduced in 2008, although the "Katana" moniker was not used. These bikes are Suzuki's "sport-touring" model. They now came with a liquid-cooled engine and styling modeled after the GSX-R. They came in 2 engine sizes, a 500 and a 650.

So to answer the question, there *is* a 650-sized GSX-F, available only after 2008 & up, but it's not a Katana.
                        The meaning of life is that life is meant to be lived

Comment

I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                            The only product that Suzuki ever made that was officially called a "Katana" was actually a pathetic little scooter (skateboard + bicycle parts + weedeater engine). The name Katana was simply a sticker placed on GSX-F motorcycles designed for import into the US.

During the latter production years (1998-2006) the GSX-F only came in 2 engine sizes - a 600 and a 750. The GSX-F (aka "Katana") was only produced through '06. Nothing in '07. Then the line was re-introduced in 2008, although the "Katana" moniker was not used. These bikes are Suzuki's "sport-touring" model. They now came with a liquid-cooled engine and styling modeled after the GSX-R. They came in 2 engine sizes, a 500 and a 650.

So to answer the question, there *is* a 650-sized GSX-F, available only after 2008 & up, but it's not a Katana.
                            Wow, did you copy and paste that directly from Wikipedia?

Comment

Seems to be getting popular

Comment

Working...
                              X