X

2000 Suzuki Katana 600 starting issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Suzuki Katana 600 starting issues

I have a 2000 katana and am having issues getting the bike to run right. I recently replaced a broken clutch pin, sprocket cover and chain and it ran for a bit. Now it seems to start with the electric start button every so often. It will kick start basically every time but only button start usually when i ride for a while and go back to start it shortly after. I have put a new battery in it and it turns over and sounds healthy while doing so, and once running, seems to run fine.....Any help would be greatly appreciated

Starter solenoid sticking.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 00KatRider View Post
      I have a 2000 katana and am having issues getting the bike to run right. I recently replaced a broken clutch pin, sprocket cover and chain and it ran for a bit. Now it seems to start with the electric start button every so often. It will kick start basically every time but only button start usually when i ride for a while and go back to start it shortly after. I have put a new battery in it and it turns over and sounds healthy while doing so, and once running, seems to run fine.....Any help would be greatly appreciated
      Check voltages... write down all the results from the check.

Key off, battery voltage.

Key on, battery voltage and voltage at the coils

Starter turning the motor over, voltage at the battery and voltage at the coils.

Compare them, post them...

FYI, anything under 11v at the coils when the starter is turning = no start off the starter.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Sorry guys, but....kick start? How the hell are you kick starting a kat? Anyone else not understand that? Roll starting it maybe?
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
          Sorry guys, but....kick start? How the hell are you kick starting a kat? Anyone else not understand that? Roll starting it maybe?
          Roll/bump start is what I was interpreting that as...

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

What's so hard to understand, this is KR, you have to do a little interpreting, and reading between the lines at times
            2002 750 Kat
            2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
            1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
            2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
              That's when you've had enough of the Kat and start kicking and cussing at it......sometimes that works......
              Last edited by 92xjunker; 06-20-2017, 07:39 PM.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                That's when you've had enough of the Kat and start kicking and cussing at it......sometimes that works......
                Ride like it's your last ride
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X