Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

fundamentally don't understand turn signal install (93 Kat 600)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fundamentally don't understand turn signal install (93 Kat 600)

Hey all, the rear turn signals on my 93 Kat 600 are both not functioning, and I bought some aftermarket LED signals to replace them. I've looked through the manual and tried to find tutorials online, but I just don't understand how to install rear turn signals. I understand the wiring itself isn't super complicated, but I can't figure out where the current turn signals are even connected, much less how to connect the new ones. I can't find a video tutorial explaining how to install motorcycle rear turn signals, so I think I'm just stupid, any help would be massively appreciated!

Ok.....yes you are.......did that help?

Do you have the manual? The wiring diagram will show you the colors you need to deal with, real easy......buuuuuutttt, if you bought shit Chinese lights.....the negative is NOT black. It's white..... leds will only work with the correct polarity and you will either need (2) 2watt, 20 OHM or is it 200 Ohm resistors or an electronic flasher, as they will flash abnormally fast without either of them.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 06-13-2017, 09:24 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

haha fair enough! I did read the manual, but I don't understand where the wires go! Like on the bike itself, physically. I don't know where they plug in to, which is confounding me greatly. As far as I can tell, they run through the back seat cover which I can't get off, and into the right fairing? I think? I basically just can't figure out where they actually go and how to place them physically on the bike

Comment

You need to remove the passenger seat, secured by the grab bar (Four allen bolts). Black/white is common. Brown is the running light, black is the left signal, green is the right signal. White/black is the brake light.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

thank you kindly-- as you can see, I'm VERY new to this... The grab bar's hex screws are really really stuck, I'm thinking rust as the bike is pretty old. Currently treating it with WD 40 and gonna try to get it off soon, thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X