Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

New speedometer install - a little help or advice please??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New speedometer install - a little help or advice please??

I have a cheap speedo I pulled off Ebay for a mere 75 dollars, I think it may work. It looks like a RX-1N replica, have heard that they work if they are wired in correctly. So far for wiring I have the instructions as follows :
    Orange is Left Turn Signal, Light Blue is Right turn Signal, Blue is my Hi-Lo indicator, Blue/White is Water Temp (which is funny because I have nothing on my bike involving water as a coolant...a 2003 Suzuki Katana 750 F is an Oiled cooled bike.), Yellow/White is Oil Pressure, Black/Yellow is Speed Rotate ( I assume this for the rpm meter), Red is Power Positive(which I assume is my battery positive lead), Green is Power Negative (battery negative lead?), and Black is Power Lock Switch...... and separate from the wiring harness, there are 2 separate wires, one Green, and one White, with a short black cable that has 2 prongs on one end, and something that looks like a plastic bolt on the end of it with a metal nut.

I have looked at the stock wiring on the harness, and am in question on the wiring and how to match it up. The stock harness has Green/Yellow, Black/Yellow, Light Green, Blue/Black, Orange/Green, Black/White, Green/White, and from what I can see, its either Red/Yellow, or Red/Orange..... can anyone tell me which wires go where before i start cutting and soldering??
    Last edited by GSXFJeff; 12-03-2012, 08:48 PM.

I found this as part of the install instructions..
    "No friction or contact between the hall probe and the magnet.
    Engine rotate speed comes from the ignition signal. The sensor wire is normally contacted with the positive side of the magnetor or directly wired on the rectifier.
    Oil Mass can be wired on the original sensor.
    Do NOT wired on the headlight if it had been modified as the HID Xenon light. Instead, connect it on the headlight control wiring."

Comment

use the wiring diagram in the manual for wire matching. Without seeing the dash pod or the instructions its all a guess.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have a manual for my bike....priced at around $75.00 its out of reach until Christmas....

These pics are of the back of the unit and the wiring. This thing didn't really come with instructions either. Is there a wiring schematic for an '03 Katana 750F that I can look at?? Everytime I google search all I see are schematics for the 600, usually anywhere between '83 - '93 or '99. The wiring isn't the same is it?

(the stock wiring harness on my bike has more wires than this new speedo.)
        Attached Files

Comment

use the "wiki" above to download one. The'99 is for a post, which is what you have.
          Last edited by 92xjunker; 12-03-2012, 10:21 PM.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Found it!!!!!! Thankyou!!

Comment

Working...
            X