X

Carb Gods ....were are you now!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Gods ....were are you now!!!!

Ok my bike last week was very bad off. It really has NEVER had an idle...and I've went through (literally) 4 sets of carbs! So I set down last week and tore this set apart. I do know how to clean and jet carbs by the way, BUT this stumps me!!! The carbs were flooding with gas and filling the oil case, so I got a dyno jet kit and re jetted them. Should have fixed the problem, right? Wrong! It now has made the flooding worse!!!! Going to get a O-Ring kit today and replace the ones on the float assembly. The gas is POURING out from the front two small holes that are seen on the air box side of the carbs. What can I do to fix this problem? Please call me at my cell# 832-445-8745, or leave a line here on the post! Thank you for any help you can give!

Joshua
    Joshua

is your float level set correct at 14mm?? are the needles and seats in the floatin good shape?? is your petcock muffed up is it constantly letting fuel thru???? did you leave it on prime???? thats about all i can think of this moring its early

Comment

The petcock flows great, the floats are my next venture as they are my #1 concern for the flooding, float needles and seats seam in good condition. I am pulling the air box now to see the carbs in action with the 2 ltr. bottle home-made tank appliaed to it. The gas poured stait out to the oil case lastnight, though? could someone call me?
      Joshua

Comment

Ok now I have the carbs apart and am doing the float height, and i even noticed that the bottom of the slides have the three holes, two slides are totally open on both holes and two have a plastic insert of some kind? Do all of the holes need this insert of should they be opened up like the others?
        Joshua

Comment

Try this link and see if it helps you.
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Josh, call me at home tomorrow and we can get together this weekend if you want? I will be out back with mine so your more than welcome to join in. SHould take about 2hrs MAX to go through the entire carbs.
            An Ole man once said:"It is better to be thought a fool because of silence, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Comment

Will do, and thanks again.
              Joshua

Comment

Re: Those inserts
                Some company's jet kit require you to tap those holes and screw in little plastic restrictors . Mine didn't have those , so I JB Welded them and drilled them with a small drill bit instead . Worked great .
                But the pouring gas thing is another problem entirely . That's usually bad float o-rings or needle , or something stuck in the needle seat .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                X