Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Bike is finally done and ready to ride for spring!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike is finally done and ready to ride for spring!!

well, it has been a loooonngg month but all my maintainence is done and I am ready for warmer weather to get here.

I have adjusted the valves, sync`d the carbs, changed the oil. New pads all around (thx HS2020!!), new rubber (metzler Z6`s that I mounted and balanced myself). new valve-stems and speed bleeders (thanks Cyber!!). New chain and sprockets. Brakes flushed and bled with Castrol LMA.
    I also installed the mirror extenders (thx again Cyber!!). they look good and really help!

It was just one little problem after another; stripped screws (getting them out...) wrong chain sent for the sprockets waiting for parts or tools to come in the mail and a host of other nuisances, but it is all finally done.

I got a new Lid and riding boots too

I still have to re-bleed the brakes since they are a bit mushy. I guess some air did get in the lines somehow. I think SS brake lines are next on my list.

I have a new touring screen that is going on and a new seat. Once all that is done then a good wash and wax this weekend and she will be ready for some pics for the Pimpin thread 8)
    I love my Kat!!
    2000 burgandy 750

Time to ride!
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Sounds good !
      sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Working...
      X