X

wiring to coils

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring to coils

just started putting a 93 gsxf600 back togather and I am a little confused. the guy I bought it from tore it down to find an electrical problem and gave me a box with parts, including the coils. well I got them mounted(1-4,2-3 left to right) but not sure which wires plug into the coils,2 on each one. does it matter which color wire plugs in to the top and bottom of the coil. the are color coded, but since I didnt take them off I dont know which goes where. he had problems with it stalling and said the shop told him it was the signal generator behind a cover on the right hand side. I need to put it all back togather to see if they were right. also the carbs are missing the vacuum hose that goes to the petcock, the book shows it coming off the right hand side of the far right carb, but the point where it 'plugs in' is unclear. it looks like each carb has a similar outlet.are they capped off and the far right one is the onle one that 'works' for vacuum? Help!

Yes, it matters. http://www.metal-fab.net/files/1988-...50-1100F-R.pdf this is the manual download for your year
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

The tank vacuum hooks to the nipple behind carb #4. Should be the only nipple IIRC, unless someone has swapped the boots out.
      Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

Petcock vac port is on the right side of carb 4 no matter what boots are on it.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

wiring to coils

cant get the link to work. does anyone know what color wires go on top and which go to bottom of coils.thanx for the vacuum hose info

Comment

top or bottom doesn't matter as long as the proper wires are on the proper coil

Top left: White
            Bottom left: Orange
            Top right: Orange
            Bottom right: Black
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

thanx, that worked

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                Petcock vac port is on the right side of carb 4 no matter what boots are on it.
                Doesn't really matter where it gets vacuum from, honestly. And I've bought replacement boots that had nipples on all four, which was my point. Someone could have switched the stock ones around, or gotten aftermarket replacements that had more than just the one nipple.
                Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

Comment

? sync ports are on the carb bodies not the boots.
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                    ? sync ports are on the carb bodies not the boots.
                    You can (or could) buy aftermarket boots with vac nipples on 'em.

The Kat may not have one naturally, but my experience is with many, many more bikes than just Kats, so I sometimes fall into the "they're all the same" line of thinking. Apologies for that. I go through 50 or more bikes in a year most times, and seldom remember specific details about little things like that.

Comment

Not that i have seen. no problem
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

late 80s model suzukies... some of them had the ports on the engine boots. GSXR models come to mind. Thinking the 88-89 kats might have even?...

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                          late 80s model suzukies... some of them had the ports on the engine boots. GSXR models come to mind. Thinking the 88-89 kats might have even?...

Krey
                          Next time I see the guy I sold the '88 engine to, I'll check. That may have been what was on my mind, too.

Comment

Working...
                          X