X

750 headers on a 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 headers on a 600

just wondering how much more power 750 headers would give me. also are the bolt patterns the same and is it as easy as switching them out or would i have to by other parts along with it.
    99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
    06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
    06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
    lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

nope just switch them. Remove the weld seams too.
    motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

The power change is minor (under 1 HP?), but you really need to run a jet kit or at least adjust the pilot screws and shim the needles. I used to run a ported/polished 750 header (& OEM exhaust) on my 600 with an Ivan's jetkit and it worked very well.
      Exhaust was quiet, but the real effect was hearing a much larger amount of intake sound (imagine a jet engine sucking in air).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
        The power change is minor (under 1 HP?), but you really need to run a jet kit or at least adjust the pilot screws and shim the needles. I used to run a ported/polished 750 header (& OEM exhaust) on my 600 with an Ivan's jetkit and it worked very well.
        Exhaust was quiet, but the real effect was hearing a much larger amount of intake sound (imagine a jet engine sucking in air).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Im going to have to do this mod. It sounds like something else to try. Where is the best place to get a 750 header ebay....
        sigpic
        Update Jul 11 2014
        Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Probably.

Watch out for ones from up north -- they are often rusted badly compared to what you'll find down here in the sunbelt, and you'll probably need to get 'em sand-blasted and ceramic coated afterwards (not a cheap upgrade in the long run for the power-difference).

Note that you'll get over 75% of the same benefit simply by dremeling out the horrible weld seams on the 600's headers... including much of the same the increase in intake noise.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
            Im going to have to do this mod. It sounds like something else to try. Where is the best place to get a 750 header ebay....
            Denniskirk.com has a complete 750 (headers+muffler) for like $350 http://denniskirk.com/jsp/product_ca...afCatId=&mmyId=

Comment

Those aftermarket headers are massively larger and require a bunch of dyno-time to tune in. The 750 headers are only minorly larger...

PS - if you're going aftermarket headers on a 98+ Kat, go for the Hindle.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                Those aftermarket headers are massively larger and require a bunch of dyno-time to tune in. The 750 headers are only minorly larger...

PS - if you're going aftermarket headers on a 98+ Kat, go for the Hindle.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Really hindle can you please explain y. And let me add this. When me and my friends ride. One of the bikes is a 01 GSXR 600 and 06 Ninja 636. They and gain about 3 or 4 lenghts off a start (stop sign) depending on my shifting. But once I get in the Powerband we are equal. I would like too get more bottom in. I already got everything I can do to the bike without major upgrade. But as far as a headers what would be best.

Please don't think I comparing my bike to theres I know what my bike is for and what theres is for. But can you explain what the effect for the headers would make on my powerband
                sigpic
                Update Jul 11 2014
                Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

sprocket change should help keep you closer off the line, with minimal difference in top speed if the bike is completely stock (since it would pull easier to redline in 6th gear). Cleaning the stock header welds and changing sprockets would probably do more for you than a slip on would. On my '90 I just dropped 1 tooth up front, and it made a huge difference in acceleration and I only lost 10 mph at redline in 4th gear (still getting 110mph on the speedo in 4th).
                  Last edited by Psycho1; 05-26-2008, 11:58 AM.
                  John,
                  '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
                    sprocket change should help keep you closer off the line, with minimal difference in top speed if the bike is completely stock (since it would pull easier to redline in 6th gear). Cleaning the stock header welds and changing sprockets would probably do more for you than a slip on would. On my '90 I just dropped 1 tooth up front, and it made a huge difference in acceleration and I only lost 10 mph at redline in 4th gear (still getting 110mph on the speedo in 4th).
                    If you look at my garage I have alist of stuff I have done. My max mph on my bike is 140mph Im 10 mph off cuz so my speedo ind. 150. I havn't got it is peg the limiter yet in 6th. But I don't have along enough stretch and be safe to try it so this is what im sticking with. I have the grinded exhaust, advancer everything this site has recommended I've pretty much done it. And the sprocket I have 1 down in the front and 3 up in the rear.
                    sigpic
                    Update Jul 11 2014

Comment

ok, I've read about so many bikes mods on here in the past few weeks it's hard to keep them straight lol. With those mods if it still doesn't feel quick enough for you, it sounds like you're ready for the next step to me. I'd look for a full exhaust, jet kit and GSXR cams.
                      John,
                      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X