No announcement yet.
X

chain adjusters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what you were looking for. Search for good bye cheezy chain adjusters.

So I finally got tired of those pathetic chunks of metal they call chain adjusters...So me and my buddy came up with these custom replacements.

Adjustable backwards AND forwards, kicking the rear tire forward is eliminated by using a retaining washer on the bolt, and attaching the end plates to the swingarm by screwing the tabs on the tops and bottoms of the plates to the arm.

Rounded edges and a smooth, snug fit inside the swingarm along with 1/8" thick steel design assures support against the axle pinching the swingarm tubing inwards.

The range of movement of the axle through the slots in the swingarm has not been limited but controlled. Axle holes going no farther than the front or rear of the swingarm axle slot. With the axle removed the adjuster does not fall out of alignment making it much easier to slide the axle back in.

Of course these still have cosmetic work to make them look good but ya know...havent got there yet...

I can get dimensions and measurements and stuff if anyone wants to attempt making these themselves

Comment

Are you the guy that made them, or did you dig up the old post?
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

NO. I just found and posted it. What is the reason for changing the adjusters????

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
          What is the reason for changing the adjusters????
          Originally posted by Black_peter View Post

I should point out there is a safety/reliability reason for changing to the bandit adjuster:
          The bandit end block fits into the swing arm. While the Kat one mostly rests on the end. The Kat one can slip to one side failing to keep the wheel in place and damaging the swing arm.
          (There are pictures of just such a disaster here somewhere)
          That's why..

Comment

yeah BP, the left one(chain side) pulls into the swingarm and cocks the wheel to the right damaging the tire sidewall
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Never said I was the sharpest tool in the shed. I missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
                yeah BP, the left one(chain side) pulls into the swingarm and cocks the wheel to the right damaging the tire sidewall
                Yeah but the picture! Where is the picture!! Worth a 1000 words..

I'll see if I can find it

Comment

Did anyone just swap the end block?????? Your pic is in mechanic's 101.

Comment

What is going on here?
                    Is no one reading the posts??

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                    I mated the bandit block to the stock Kat parts..
                    That I had modded prior..
                    Last edited by Black_peter; 01-23-2008, 11:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I'm too busy reading this and searching bay at the same time.

Go to mechanic 101. Search Katana down. Is that what you are referring to?
                      Last edited by Kfreak; 01-23-2008, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Quick question, from Katanafreaks pictures, as stated, you screw them into the swing arm. Do you do that with the bandit ones as well? I can't figure out in my head what would stop the plate to pop out of the back of the swing arm when backing out the nut. If it was welded or screwed in, it would make sense. Am I missing something?
                        Last edited by GytRDunKat; 01-23-2008, 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

You kick it back in. Same as the stock Katana ones. If you wanted to stop that, you'd have to drill and tap the caps (small lip to do that) or put a set screw in the swingarm and dimple the lip on the caps.

Another option, if you don't need to ever remove the adjusters, would be to weld them in.
                          Last edited by brooder; 01-23-2008, 12:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                          -Terence

Comment

Gotcha. So the purpose of moving to the bandit ones is just purely for looks? Or is there an actual advantage?

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

It's also easier to carry an allen wrench in your pag than a wrench? The bandit adjuster used the hex.
                              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                              -Terence

Comment

If you take a good look at the stock adjusters compared to the Bandit adjusters.... the stock ones pretty much just rest against the swing arm. The bandit ends actually fit inside the swing arm by maybe 1/8 of an inch reducing the chance of movement of the adjuster. This problem was corrected by Suzuki on newer models by spot welding a strip of metal to the one side of the adjuster. I searched ebay and noticed this on some of the newer adjusters for the gxs's. Same plate as my 93 adjuster but with a piece on it to fit inside the arm. As I re read the post I realized this info. BP gets the info award today.

Comment

Working...
                                X