X

Modding 4 into 2 stock pipes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding 4 into 2 stock pipes

Just wondering if anyone has used the stock header 0n a pre750?and fitted some other type of stock double pipes from another bike ? I know there are pipes available but I'm looking for a cool mod on the cheap.

Originally posted by Gmc310 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has used the stock header 0n a pre750?and fitted some other type of stock double pipes from another bike ? I know there are pipes available but I'm looking for a cool mod on the cheap.

Though rare, there have been a few posts of people doing dual system setup similar to your question for the process.

Cheap on the other hand, well... that's relative to your source for parts and labor.

Find a set of cans, find an exhaust shop that will do some basic midpipe work for reasonable prices, and have at it. The cans just need to be reasonable flow through them, so stick with at least 600cc or higher.

I've seen pics of someone mounting the GSXR1k dual system pipes for example. Other options would be finding just cans that are cheap and more universal mounting (using strap, instead of a bracket as an example).

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks Krey,
      Yah, the labor isnt an issue as I have fab skills and an uncle with a shop that can handle anything that I cant, just wondering if anyone had seen it, Thanks, G

Comment

Once of the best sounding one's I know of was Blazerzr2 dual Scorpions on his Pre 750.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X