X

tire brands?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire brands?

looking for some suggestions on decent tire brands for front and rear tires for this spring, any help is greatly appriciated!!

Originally posted by Black_99_GSXF View Post
    looking for some suggestions on decent tire brands for front and rear tires for this spring, any help is greatly appriciated!!

If your not doing track days, you can't beat Pilot Roads. Better wet grip and last 4X longer than any other tire on the market and they do not sacrifice grip what so ever. Plenty of grip dry, better grip wet, and last much longer. What else could you want?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I have avon roadriders great mileage
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I am with kreylen the Michelin Pilot road 2s are great tires for the money. I have set on my VFR now with about 6k on them of commuting to school, mountains, and lots of 2 up. The rear is worn half way to the wear bars and the front is in great shape. If you want quicker steering in the front you can throw a Pilot power in the front. I ran this setup on my VFR with really good luck, but a nail took out the front tire while riding back from school one day.

Comment

I went to Michellin Pilot Power 2CTs last summer and really like them. (The 2CT refers to a dual-compound tire. Softer rubber on the sides for cornering and harder stuff in the center for longer tread life. Michellin seems to have found a good combination there.) I had Metzeler Z6s on my 750 before I sold it and they were pretty nice tires, too. I've heard good things about Pirelli Demons, although the ones that were on my 1100 when I bought it were so flat in the middle that I couldn't tell you anything good about them from personal experience.

That gives you
          Michellin
          Metzler
          Avon
          Pirelli

Notice Dunlops weren't mentioned and neither were Cheng-Shins. The stock Dunlops are pretty much universally hated and Cheng-Shin makes a good tire for mopeds. Too bad for them, you don't ride a moped...
          Last edited by Wild-Bill; 02-05-2012, 11:55 AM.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Awesome thanks for the help guys! I have a 160/60pilot power on the rear now that was on the bike when i bought it and its about 1/2-3/4 gone so i want to put some new shoes on it before i hit the road this spring! this is my first bike so i dont know too much about different tires other than what i read on the net.

Comment

As long as it's not a Dunlop or Bridgestone you're good...
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

They all make a decent tire, but some models are definitely better than others. Depends on what you are looking for as to which is the best.

On my Connie, I run the Michelin Pilot Road 3, almost exclusively.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Bridgestone battlax bt023 is my favourite. dont know about the mileage yet, but mine has about 10.000km, and it looks like it got a lot more to go.
                  And grip has never been an issue. had lots of peg-scrapers last season.
                  2004 gsxf 750.
                  "A beer never comes alone"

Comment

Michelin Pilot Road or Continental Road attacks.

best budget tire... Conti Motion
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Ok now my next question, are there any particular sites other that motorcycle superstore you guys recommend?

Comment

Dennis Kirk has really good prices on tires right now. Free shipping on any orders over $100, too although they do charge $5/tire for the extra shipping hassles.
                        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I got my pilot road II's from motorcycle superstore. Got them cheap, had them mounted at the local shop.

AMAZING tire for the price.

Comment

Metzler Z1 160/60 17 is what im running now >i had the pilots on before .I like the new tires better ....FYI new tires aren't slicker they are rounder .The Pilots seemed hard ,good for the wear bad for the grip especially on wet pavement .
                            good luck
                            I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                              Michelin Pilot Road or Continental Road attacks.

best budget tire... Conti Motion
                              i'm on my third set of Motions. I prefer them to the PR3s. you might try http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/index.php
                              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                              X