No announcement yet.
X

150/70-17 to 160/60-17

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any "sport" oriented tire properly sized for the rim will work just fine for that. Conti road attacks, the pilot powers, michelin z6s? I think everyone talks about. I use Conti tires... probably won't switch anytime soon. It's not the tire only for knee dragging, as much more important is the proper body position and lean angle.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

That's gotta be a Tiller in the pic. I'd love to try that on one of those.
      Just joined a couple months ago. Now I'm hooked.

Comment

Krey, your running a 180 right? Road Attack?
        Never be afraid of DIY. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by BWBuer View Post

he's also on a 5.5 inch rim, keep that in mind....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by BWBuer View Post
            Originally posted by teddy View Post
            he's also on a 5.5 inch rim, keep that in mind....
            Yes, and yes...

I currently have the road attacks on the bike... very nice, been running them since October. Good handling and grip, work great in wet, seem to warm up quick. Give a good solid feel for the road, and a nice quick turn in on curves.

Prior set same size was the conti force tires. Great touring tires for a smooth comfortable tour ride. Definately a huge difference in "quickness" for the curves though. They would take the curve, but with a flatter profile, they just were not as quick to get you leaned over.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I now have a set of Pirelli Dragon Supercorsas on my Kat....don't ask why because Im not going to a track. Got them real cheap from someone who didn't like em'.....anyway , the 160 on the rear is amazing to me. I'll see how long they last. Went from Chatt to Nashville and back through the Dragon and across the Cherahola skyway and loved the ride. I could definitely see wear on the rear tire though. Sorry If I got off subject...Im done for now...
              Warning!! Will ride at anytime for no reason.

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys
                For sale thread Album
                1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

I'm new to the game and bought my bike with tires shown to have a lot of highway miles since the threads were worn in the middle. I'm looking to switch from a 150 to a 160/60 specifically power pilot since I hear good things about it. Im looking for better performance and traction. I feel my back tire sliding often when coming to short stops. Is there any need to switch the front tire as well..

Comment

Should be fine without replacing the front unless it's worn out or really old.
                    Extra life.

Comment

I've run a 120/60 for years, I installed some Racetech springs in the front and with the 120's I get more life out of the tires riding hard. I'm ordering a set of Dulop Q2's, on sale for 220$. I was wondering if anyone had ever tried a 120/70/17? I found out my kat came with 110/70/17 and 150/60/17, I figure the bike was disigned to have a 70 on front and a 60 on rear. The. 120/160 are the width of the tire, I wonder if I shouldn't get a 120/70 on the front and a 160/60 on the rear? Anyone try that?

Comment

Originally posted by bta2997 View Post
                        I've run a 120/60 for years, I installed some Racetech springs in the front and with the 120's I get more life out of the tires riding hard. I'm ordering a set of Dulop Q2's, on sale for 220$. I was wondering if anyone had ever tried a 120/70/17? I found out my kat came with 110/70/17 and 150/60/17, I figure the bike was disigned to have a 70 on front and a 60 on rear. The. 120/160 are the width of the tire, I wonder if I shouldn't get a 120/70 on the front and a 160/60 on the rear? Anyone try that?

You want 120/70 front, 150/70 rear for your Pre 750 if you have the stock rims.

The 60 series front isn't rated for the weight of your bike, so not a good choice.

The 160/60 rear is too wide with too small of profile, so you end up with a very pinched and distorted profile. You loose a significant amount of tire contact patch on the ground as well.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by sel02 View Post
                          I have an 01 Katana 750 and I'm thinking about going from my stock 150/70-17 tire to a 160/60-17. For those who have done this, did it change how the bike rode? Handled? Are there any clearance issues I would run into going from the stock tire to this size?
                          the down side from the 160 is its a lot shorter then a 150/70 so it will be turning more rotations per mile. Given the same tire as a 150 it will wear faster. Also my fuel mileage did suffer (fuel buddy app monitored)
                          the up side the bike will have more torque from the smaller tire (shorter)

I run 170 on mine.
                          handling will differ due to the profile/design of each tire.

The 160 and 170 Skinko Apex handled great no noticable difference
                          Conti motion I prefered the 160
                          conti sport attack I prefered the 170
                          Pirelli Diablo Corsa I prefer the 170
                          Pirelli super corsa I prefer the 160
                          Im currently running Michelin Pilot Power 170 and love it. measures 168 on the rim so its not pinched on the rim
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                          X