X

JDM or Euro or ROW headlamp optics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDM or Euro or ROW headlamp optics?

Does anyone have access to a parts catalog for non-US (Japanese Domestic Market or European or Rest-of-World) Katanas, specifically pre-98? Do non-US bikes have different part numbers for non-DOT optics, the reflector and lens? If so, how about a pointer to a supplier? Or can the US Suzuki parts network order ROW parts given the correct part number?

In cars, Euro optics (Hella or Cibie) provide a better beam pattern than US DOT optics, even when the US headlamp uses a 9003/H4 bulb. I'm wondering whether the same might be true on motorcycles. My plan would be to order the Euro optics and install a Silverstar or Osram +50 bulb, maybe even an overwatt bulb fed by beefier wires and a relay circuit.

Try http://www.motofiches.com/index.php?op=index.php, which has (or at least had) the fiche files for the various Euro countries for the Kats.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      Alas, I see only Kawasaki and Yamaha there now.

Comment

They must have scrapped it due to a cease-n-desist order or some such. I know they went down for about 3 months at one point related to some such... They used to have the Kat GSXF fiche files for all the different countries.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X