X

Just bought my first Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my first Kat

First let me say hello. I've been lurking here a few days reading through the forums. Seems like a nice bunch of really helpful people. I'm hoping I can contribute something useful.

I've had several bikes (96 GS500E, 00 TL1000R, 98 VL1500LC) but haven't had one in a couple of years since my first son was born. At my part time job everyone rides and I've been under a little pressure to get a bike. :P The boss takes all the guys up to the dragon several times a year as a company trip and I'm sick of being the guy that stays behind to work because I don't have a bike.

At my full time job I was talking to a coworker and he mentioned he had a bike he wanted to sell. He bought it to fix up for his son. He didn't want it so it's been sitting for a couple of years.

It's a 96 750 black/purple. The body looks fantastic for it age but the motor needs some work. As he put it, "it sounds like a marble rattling around in a clothes dryer. I'm hoping it's just the cam chain tensioner. But if it isn't he also has another complete motor for parts that he's throwing in. The spare motor blew a hole in the case when the trans let go but it was running when he pulled it out. The motor currently in the bike does run and it isn't making metal. He drained the old oil and it was clean so I think it can be saved.

I'm picking it up next week and I can't wait to dig in and find out whats going on in the motor.

Bike and parts motor for $1000. Kind of hard to pass that up.

Chris

welcome!

Comment

Nice, another Pre, just like mine, although different colors. Welcome! Click the link in my signature, if no only for Newbie stuff, it has a ton of great information.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!
        2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
        2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

Welcome.

Long Live the D

Comment

welcome chris to KR!
            '99 Suzuki GSXF
            '67 BSA Spitfire
            '73 Triumph trident
            '35 AJS 350 side valve
            '72 XS2 Yamaha 650
            '51 BSA A10 Golden Flash
            sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Hey thats cool I live about 30minutes from the dragon. I dont plan on goin up there fro at leat a couple hundred miles. I need some seat time considering that this is my first bike and Iveonly got about 100 miles experience, in traffic.

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
                  THE DOC
                  RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                  Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                  mistake when you make it again.
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome to K.R I,m new to but this is a nice site good people and great info!
                    "I wanna go fast"

Comment

welcome 2 KR
                      Watch for your Guardian Angel
                      750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

Working...
                      X