Removing a old exhaust 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing a old exhaust 750

So i have this coming

There is a hole in my ehxaust to big to weld so i have that coming in the mail. My question is im looking a my mufflers. I do not see how they come off the black piping.or do you cut them off and weld them back? TO the best of my knowledge I dont see a point after the exhaust splits where the muffler comes off an you can separate 2.

Originally posted by DJ FroZone View Post
    So i have this coming

There is a hole in my ehxaust to big to weld so i have that coming in the mail. My question is im looking a my mufflers. I do not see how they come off the black piping.or do you cut them off and weld them back? TO the best of my knowledge I dont see a point after the exhaust splits where the muffler comes off an you can separate 2.
    You purchased a hacked up exhaust. Probably had slip on pipes on them. If you want to use your stock cans, your going to need to cut them off and weld them to that header setup.

An exhaust shop should have no trouble doing this for you.

But then, they could have fixed your current exhaust cheaper than just the purchase/shipping of that one. (if the hole is larger than welding it closed, you simply patch it and weld around the edges of the patch.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

depending on where yours has the hole in it you might be able to
      cut it off in the same spot that the new on is cut
      and have an exhaust shop expand the pipes
      and weld it back up so its still the stock dimensions

Comment

The hole i have was right where the Rhigh side two pipes join together. the hole mighty big. and the conditioning of the pipe was pretty bad as well. I guess he wasn;t comfortable. In that case i will have them hack the old cans and weld it to these. and then try to part my O.G. one.

Comment

Working...
        X