X

well I layed her down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well I layed her down

IMAG0269.jpgTook my Kat on ride just to get the feel of changing gears as I am still learning to ride,so I took it to the end of my road (about a mile and a half)couple of nice curves!As I was coming around one a car haulin *** came over the double yellows and I tried to move over and hit some loose grave and over I went slid about 30 feet!!Jumped up and ran over to the bike,OIL EVERYWHERE!!!Got some damage to the plastic on the left side front and rear fairings broke the front and the back turn signals.Crack what i think is the clutch cover?As for me I got a lil rode rash on my hip forearm hands and both knees,MORE UPSET ABOUT MY BIKE THOUGH!!!!AND OF COURSE THE PERSON WHO WAS OVER THE DOUBLES NEVER EVEN SLOWED DOWN!!I learned a few good lessons today for sure!!And put a few lessons i had already learn to good use,hubby told me if you feel the bike is going down push away and tuck your head I did both and although my jacket,gloves,boots,shirt and jeans are trash I didn't hit my head not even a scratch on the helmet(protect the dome!!!)Anyhoo If any of you know what it is on the left side that cracked and dripped oil out,I am going to need to get a new one.Also I'm going to need to get new fairings for the frnt and back on the left side,if you have some or know of someone who has some or know where I can get them let me know.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ktykat; 02-26-2012, 09:03 PM.

Atleast your OK!

Comment

sucks about the bike but that stuff can be replaced easily. glad to hear u didnt get hurt any worse then a little rash
      ----USMC combat vet----
      07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

Glad to hear you're (mostly) OK. Take some Motrin tonight before bed. There's going to be some good bruising.

That's your starter cover you chewed up. Should be able to find one on ebay or in the for sale section here. You'll want a new gasket, too. The fairing doesn't look too bad. You can repair that. I wouldn't suggest spending the money to replace unless the damage is much worse than the photos show.

Take another look at your helmet in the morning. It's possible that you just didn't notice hitting your head but even what looks like a small scuff can mean the foam inside got crushed protecting you. If there's any damage at all to the helmet I suggest replacing it. Sucks but it's your brain we're talking about. You need that.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Good to hear your not hurt badly, but it sucks about your bike. There's 2 kinds of riders..the ones who have been down, and the ones who are going down. Don't let it get eat at you too bad, just learn from it and keep riding.
          If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

My dad and husband looked me over pretty good and the helmet too.Thanks for the info it will be easier to find parts now that i know what to look for!!

Oh and F.Y.I road rash burns like a Mo FO!!!

Comment

Put a little JB weld on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ktykat View Post

Oh and F.Y.I road rash burns like a Mo FO!!!
                that's why we wear our gear, including pants. glad you're ok.
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Had brand new gear on!And it served it's purpose,I have about a 3 inch section of road rash on my left hip,a scrape on my knee and my hand is just bruised!

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                    that's why we wear our gear, including pants. glad you're ok.
                    For sure! Things could have been much worse. It won't be the last time you'll be going down if you plan on riding a few years, so always make sure you're properly geared........ your skin will love you for it.
                    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

You were taught well glad you're ok. Get her fixed n get back on it now you've been introduced to the ground, nothing to be afraid of. But id grab some gear =)
                      sigpic
                      1989 GSX750F Kat GSXR750 engine Yoshi pipe Jet Kit K&N filters
                      Former US Navy, but I'll always be a sailor.

The wrench turning I can do, but its the knowledge about Bikes I'm lacking.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the crash but very glad to hear your ok. If your gonna replace that cover if you can't find a cheap one look into a NRC cover. They're a bit thicker than stock once just in case there's a next time.

Now this part is just personal opinion so take it as such. Get yourself some "proper" motorcycle pants, textile or leather whatever you prefer. Jeans as you've discovered aren't that great (4ft @55mph), textile is good for 20-30ft and leather 85ft (from memory).

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/, Craigslist, ebay and your local bike forums are a great sorce of cheap gear.
                        Kyle

Comment

For sure glad you had your gear on I went down when I was younger with no gear at all and wont ride with out it now because road rash does burn youre not lying

Comment

I can't wait to get back on!I've never been one to give up easily.Probably won't replace the fairings for awhile,but I will have to get some new gear,I'm sure if it wasn't for the gloves and jacket I'd be way worse off than I am now!!

Comment

Originally posted by ktykat View Post
                              I can't wait to get back on!I've never been one to give up easily.Probably won't replace the fairings for awhile,but I will have to get some new gear,I'm sure if it wasn't for the gloves and jacket I'd be way worse off than I am now!!
                              Glad your ok! I crashed my sisters Buell P3 Blast in a parking lot a day before the MSF course and messed up my foot I was gun shy at the class but after sometime of riding around again it went away. It does suck there is damage, just fix what you have to, I wouldn't worry about the farings like you said as long as nothing is flapping around.

Everyone at some point falls off the horse, its a set back in confidence but just have to get back up and do it again.

PS Twist of the Wrist II might be something to watch, lots of good info in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X