No announcement yet.
X

NEW GSX-650 Katana , Old member... ha ha

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the mods you've done so far. I am having carb issues as we speak and I'm more than a little jealous of those of you with FI bikes these days! It's cooler now and since I bought my truck I haven't been excited enough about riding to fix my bike. After Christmas when things slow down I will make an effort to clean and seal my tank and clean and sync my carbs...

Comment

Sexy Ur old bike looks like mine lol

Comment

not as good as a kan-o-tuna
        I can do it

Comment

Originally posted by iamtheguynoodles View Post
          not as good as a kan-o-tuna

Really, I'm curious...
          .... what makes my 21 year-old Carburated 600-Katana with 16k miles on it.
          ..... better than my 2-3 year old Fuel-Injected 650-GSX with only 900 miles on it, and Yoshi pipe, rim stripes, tinted windshield, fatter rear tire, buttery-smooth clutch and gears, and flush mount undertail?

Cause as I see it:
          650-GSX vs. 600-Katana
          Newer
          Cleaner
          Smoother
          Aftermarket support
          Less miles
          Fuel Injected
          No choke
          Better all around in every way.... etc
          Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

Nice looking bike dude. I like what you've added to it as well. Question do the still make the 650? I didn't see it on Suzuki's website maybe I just over looked it.
            2014 Ducati Monster 1200
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Originally posted by RedKat91 View Post
              Really, I'm curious...
              .... what makes my 21 year-old Carburated 600-Katana with 16k miles on it.
              ..... better than my 2-3 year old Fuel-Injected 650-GSX with only 900 miles on it, and Yoshi pipe, rim stripes, tinted windshield, fatter rear tire, buttery-smooth clutch and gears, and flush mount undertail?

Cause as I see it:
              650-GSX vs. 600-Katana
              Newer
              Cleaner
              Smoother
              Aftermarket support
              Less miles
              Fuel Injected
              No choke
              Better all around in every way.... etc

lol Must just prefer uglier, outdated bikes =P I honestly don't understand why you haven't sold that other katana... if I ever buy two bikes, they will definitely not be so closely similar, and if they are I will be for sure selling the older generation....

I wouldn't have even wasted my time replying to that dude honestly, he's just salty ballz that you got a sweeter, newer, sexier GSXF than he does. Unfortunately hes going to have to stroke his own ego

Anyways, Grats on the new ride man, pretty nice looking! Definitely love the newer look on that model and the mods youve done so far!

Comment

Originally posted by astevens54 View Post
                Question do the still make the 650? I didn't see it on Suzuki's website maybe I just over looked it.
                I was just thinking the same thing while looking at the US suzuki website but if you go to suzuki.ca this model is still listed

Comment

THe new bike is better for sure
                  I can do it

Comment

Nice looking bike dude. I like what you've added to it as well. Question do the still make the 650? I didn't see it on Suzuki's website maybe I just over looked it.

Actually I'm not to sure... I didn't see it on the website either, but apparently there are guys on my 650 forum that have 2011 models... so .... I'm guessing so?
                    Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

Looks like the V-Strom 650 may have replaced it? The GSX-650 is a MUCH better looking bike, too.
                      Last edited by astevens54; 12-13-2011, 03:56 PM.
                      2014 Ducati Monster 1200

Comment

I will say the V-Twin power is really nice and Torquey. Don't get me wrong... I love my older Katana, it is a lot of fun and a slightly different feel to it.... but the new one is just sexier looking and is more fun to ride.
                        Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

Originally posted by RedKat91 View Post
                          I will say the V-Twin power is really nice and Torquey. Don't get me wrong... I love my older Katana, it is a lot of fun and a slightly different feel to it.... but the new one is just sexier looking and is more fun to ride.
                          You know what they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". LOL, your bike looks great. I like what you have done to it, in fact it's pretty much what I'm doing to my 2006 GSX750F. I think the slip on I'n getting is Two Brothers, it sounds so good. I am wait on my Corbin seat to be made and shipped. It should be here first of the year. I bought my bike a couple months ago. It had 2500 miles on it and looks like it just rolled off of the show room floor. Enjoy your new toy...
                          2014 Ducati Monster 1200

Comment

Good looking bike..
                            sigpic
                            Navy Vet
                            1998 B12
                            00 GSX 600F(sold)

Comment

You know what they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". LOL, your bike looks great. I like what you have done to it, in fact it's pretty much what I'm doing to my 2006 GSX750F. I think the slip on I'n getting is Two Brothers, it sounds so good. I am wait on my Corbin seat to be made and shipped. It should be here first of the year. I bought my bike a couple months ago. It had 2500 miles on it and looks like it just rolled off of the show room floor. Enjoy your new toy...

Yea, I see your bike in your avatar.... I think that is my favorite year and model of the Katanas..... it just looks really good, and the 750 can keep up with a lot of stuff.
                              Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

Working...
                              X