X

new girl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trash View Post
    love the color! and take the bike to another shop!
    +1
    If you're not leaking oil out of the heads nor blowing smoke on start-up. If it's "ticking" while you're riding it, it might be nothing more than needing a chain adjustment. If it's ticking while idling, I'd try a cam-chain adjustment first...... a valve adjustment second......but what do I know?
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Welcome to KR!
      Former Marine 3/97-3/01
      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
      sigpic

Comment

hey fault is that good or bad? lol

slofuze i got the valve adj and its not tickin but they told me i have alot more wrong with my bike
        Last edited by babygyrl; 03-05-2011, 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        just sayin

Comment

Welcome to KR! Sorry to be kibitzing in here, but how many miles on your scoot to be having all these problems?
          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

welcome to KR
            time to nut up or shut up
            Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
            The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

14070 miles, but good news, its not ticking anymore, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
              just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by babygyrl View Post
                hey fault is that good or bad? lol

slofuze i got the valve adj and its not tickin but they told me i have alot more wrong with my bike
                Just ride it......... "perfection" doesn't exist with bikes. If it fires up, has decent brakes, tires, and the fluids are up to spec..... just ride it. Bikes have a personality...just like humans do. .....we don't always run perfectly either......so enjoy the ride.
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

thats what i was thinking i mean its my learning bike. so now i am like do i pay the money to fix it or just ride it......(confused)
                  just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by babygyrl View Post
                    thats what i was thinking i mean its my learning bike. so now i am like do i pay the money to fix it or just ride it......(confused)
                    ride it 'til it breaks. then do an engine swap. engines are less than that and you can do it yourself. welcome.
                    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

thank you i might just to that
                      just sayin

Comment

Yea sounds like the shop is just trying to make more money off you.
                        1992- project katfighter
                        2005- GSXR750
                        2001- TL1000R
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

thats what i said. they saw a female coming lol
                          just sayin

Comment

It could also be that the previous owner adjusted the valves himself, or had someone else do it that didn't know what they were doing, and got one or two calves too tight causing wear on the cams and rockers. I agree, ride it till it stops, then swap the engine. Cheaper in the long run, and it might last until you're ready for a different bike anyways. Welcome to KR.
                            John,
                            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                            sigpic

Comment

I believe the others are right on. Ride it till it wont go no mo then fix
                              oh and welcome to the madness
                              Judge us not the scavengers that persecute humanity..

Comment

thats what i am going to do just ride her till she freezes and get a new motor. thanks guys for the input and advise. cuz i was thinkin y waste 1000 for those parts when i could get a new motor, or replace those parts as new and still have old parts in the motor. i would want to replace everything....
                                thank you again guys
                                just sayin

Comment

Working...
                                X