No announcement yet.
X

In Memory of CyberPoet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a note to say that I am in the process of taking over Marc's (thecyberpoet's) business. So Motorcycleanchor.com will live on for as long as I can maintain it. I will no doubt need some help figuring out the motorcycle stuff since I am in no way as knowledgeable about them as Marc was. Unfortunately, I won't be able to answer questions as he did, but I will do my best, maintain the websites and continue to sell parts and accessories. It will takes some time to get everything back up and running... get everything into my name, have to take inventory of what is here, find out who he vendors where and contact them, figure out how to manage the websites, and figure out how much he sold stuff for... So check back in a bit.

Comment

Paula, you gotz all the help you'll need right here.
      Just give a shout out!
      sigpic

Comment

First of all I know it’s late, but I want to express my sincerest condolences to all of his family, friends and all those that feel the loss. I don’t get on here as often as I should anymore. I get on and then I seen this thread.

As I read in disbelief over the loss, I came to realize something. Here is this man, literally on one coast line of the United States touching the hearts of all these people across the world. He has touched so many not just in the US, but outside as well, with his knowledge, caring for others, thoughtfulness, giving and of course, arrogance….lol.

If I could only be so lucky as to have the impact on so many lives as he has. To me, to be able to be held so fondly in the memories of so many people is greatness. I only wish that I could have a “touch” of such greatness when I leave this earth.

I am truly grateful for those that have contributed to this thread. Not meeting him personally, it was nice to see how he has had such a profound impact on some of you. In today’s world, it’s nice to know that there is still a “touch of class” still around.

Comment

I may be a new guy, but I can't help but notice Marc's posts in most of the threads on the site. I'm hoping to one day be as helpful and generous with knowledge as he was. Once I get my bike running/ I learn to ride, my rear pegs will be down for you.

-Rob

Comment

Originally posted by siren451 View Post
            Just a note to say that I am in the process of taking over Marc's (thecyberpoet's) business. So Motorcycleanchor.com will live on for as long as I can maintain it. I will no doubt need some help figuring out the motorcycle stuff since I am in no way as knowledgeable about them as Marc was. Unfortunately, I won't be able to answer questions as he did, but I will do my best, maintain the websites and continue to sell parts and accessories. It will takes some time to get everything back up and running... get everything into my name, have to take inventory of what is here, find out who he vendors where and contact them, figure out how to manage the websites, and figure out how much he sold stuff for... So check back in a bit.
            Hey Paula,
            I might be able to give ya a hand with this- I dont know the prices and stuff, but i can always cross reference them against the dealer charge. Might take us a while to get an accurate price listing but its a start.

Comment

Hey Paula, that is great. I wish you much success in taking over Marc's business. I hope everything works out smooth and I hope that everything is well with you. Talk to you later.
              -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
              sigpic

Comment

Rest in peace cyber poet and FOREVER TWO WHEELS you had really good advice and it helped me out thank you cyber poet RIP

Comment

Wow; I'm shocked! I haven't been on the site for awhile so this is news to me as of today! I had some dealings with Marc and he was extremely helpful and knowledgeable and just seemed like a great guy! Such an asset to the site! Rest in peace.

Comment

as a new member, i have noticed the influence of cyberpoet all over this site so far. i am sorry for your loss.
                    it is especially hard to lose a knowledgeable member on a motorcycle site. as a member of a site for vintage Honda sport bikes, i know we lost a couple of important and very missed members over the last few years, and their contributions had become pretty useful, even in their passing. one of the qualities of the internet is that anything added to cyberspace is there for ever, good and bad, and when you can hang on to the words and actions of someone who actually contributed to our meager existence, it makes us all better people.

Comment

I never had the pleasure of meeting him personally, but almost every time I look for help on something in the forum it is one or several of his posts that I find help in. Every time this happens I feel at a loss for never being able to meet him.
                      sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

What a nice thread.
                        I didn't know him but after looking at all the pictures I feel I do.
                        Thanks.
                        RIP Marc, I hope the sun is on your back and the wind is in your face!
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                        Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                        R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                        1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                        RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                        3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                        Black painted seat and rear trim,
                        Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

you are missed.

Ok, I must say that this news that I am just reading about today is shocking. Living in NH, the Kats are hard to start in the cold weather, so We switch gears to snowmobiling. Decided today to check out the Kat forums only to find the sad sad news.
                          I never did meet or even talk to Marc, however I learned a ton from him. His postings were so detailed and accurate, I sometimes wondered how anyone has time to do all off these postings. I had a mental picture of Marc in my head...not at all correct. A retired man, in his 60s who loved to educate people on Bikes, A father figure who wanted to pass on all of his years of experience. I was half right. He had wisdom beyond his years.
                          Thanks for all your help CP, you never knew just how many peoples lives you touched.

Comment

Condolences

I've only just joined katrider and came across this very sad news, to all who new cyberpoet my deepest sympathy. RIP buddy.

Comment

never ,et him, still remember how shocked i was though when i heard about him....still hard to believe it happened
                              sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

Oh wow! This is really sad. CP has been one of the greatest people on here. He is always ready to give great thoroughly covered advice. He is a great teacher. He will sadly be missed. He has helped me a whole lot of times, though I have never met him, I have always wanted to. RIP.
                                Roops Photography|facebook|
                                03 GSXR 1000
                                04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                                Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Working...
                                X