KOTM Apr 2009 greeneyedream

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Rolling Stock > Tire Talk, Chain & Sprockets

Tire Talk, Chain & Sprockets If it has to do with tires & wheels, then you're in the right place.
Best tire for a Katana? What's the tread life on a particular brand ? Size of a stock rim?
Chains & Sprockets? These questions and so much more are addressed right here !

Old 05-10-2018, 10:57 AM   #1
Bendeigid
Chicken Strip

Default TPMS & all-metal tire valves

Hello,

I got a TPMS with those small external sensors that screw on to your tire valve (similar to Garmin). From what I have read online they should only be used with all-metal straight tire valves and since I need new tires anyway I thought I get some stainless steel ones to be fitted together with new tires.

I believe the rims of our Katanas are aluminium and in the moment I have aluminium angled valves fitted that have been fine for the last 8 years. But angled valves from what I have read should not be used with TPMS sensors and all the all-metal ones seem to be steel and are almost the same.

My question is can steel valves be used with aluminium rims? I have asked at my local dealer but they did not know and they asked their tire dealer who has never fitted any either before and is very suspicious of them. They just want to fit the standard valves for tubeless tires.

What is anyones experience with all-metal valves and has anyone else fitted a similar TPMS to their bike?
Bendeigid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:24 PM   #2
92xjunker
Neo-maxoid-zoomed-bweebie
Supporting Member

eBay ID: guysmustang

They are insulated with a rubber seal. You can use them. P.S. most wheels these days are aluminum, car or bike.
If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group
92xjunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Rolling Stock > Tire Talk, Chain & Sprockets