X

Cruise Control

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Control

Just wanted to see what everyones opinion was on cruise control, either locking, or the ones that you just use your wrist. Im in the market, and were wondering one, do they work. Two, which is better; the one that locks the RPMs or the simple wrist one. Thanks!
    Air Force

audentes fortuna juvat

I had a wrist rocker, but hated it and bought a set of Throttlemeisters from HS2020, a member here. http://www.mopowersports.com
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I was going to suggest the throttlemeisters as well. The reviews are always awesome for them.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

I have the throttlemeister. Works good.

Comment

i have seen the throttle meister and keep comtemplating it, seems like it is awkward to engauge it, maybe not, but I have always been curious. It is quite the commitment. i got to find something, either the vista or the meister

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

The Throttle Rocker works ok , but you gotta mess
            with it to get it just right . Has to be tight enough it won't come loose , and you need to position it so it sits at a comfortable angle for highway cruising . You do NOT wanna use it for around town or twisty riding , though . Not a bad deal for $10 , though . I dig mine out when I'm gonna be on the highway for more than an hour at a stretch .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Thanks for the replys. I may just get a throttle Rocker since its only 10 bucks. I gota save up for the meister.
              Air Force

audentes fortuna juvat

Comment

I have a Vista cruise. It works well. However, if you have lots of hilly driving, none of the throttle lockers work. There is a about a 20mph difference in speed when going through the hills, so it only works on level stretches.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I have the Vista Curise, Although I had to knock the bar end out further to get it to seat properly and the loss of throttle real estate, I put up with it and actually liked it. I've had it about a year.

Two weeks ago, I took the kat out cause of a few nice days. I saw a break to get into traffic crossing a four lane roadway, took off fast and hard and went to settle into traffic and its still screaming. The vista got stuck without being engaged. I pulled over at the next parking lot and took it off. Scared the **** out of me. I live in the city, but used it when I was on the highways. From now on, it'll stay off bike till I am going for a long trip.

Just my two cents on this one brand.
                  If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                  Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I have an Audiovox auto cruse control I grabbed at clearance at Autozone, to put in my Ranger. Then when I swapped out the motor, the donor vehicle had factory cruse, so it went in the Ranger, and I have the Audioxox cruse still in the box. If I can find a place to install the vacuum motor, and the time to install it, it may well end up on the Sprint ST.
                    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I have a vista cruise that goes betwen the grip and control housing and attaches using the screw that holds the throttle cable in place, and works with the flip of the thumb.

I love it.
                      It works perfect for warming up the bike. Just start the bike shut off the choke after 30 seconds and open the throttle to 1800-2000 rpm or so and let it warm up at a fast idle while you put on your gear.
                      On the highway it works just as well, just flip it when you are at the speed you want and the bike will stay there until you flip the switch off or twist the grip forward. It's also adjustable so you can adjust how tight it holds the throttle.
                      98 GSX750F
                      95 Honda VT600 vlx
                      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

HardleyDangerous

Got a pic of this version of the Vista Cruise?

Mine sits between the Front Master Cylinder and the grip with an arm that reaches across the switch pod. I dont have anything that attaches via a screw to hold the throttle cable in place.

Maybe there are different versions avalible. I am not a VistaCruise expert by any means LOL.

The model I have uses three set screws to try to bite into the rubber of the grip to "hold" the throttle where you set it. I have found that with gel grips, or probably a lot of other replacment grips out there, dont work with this style. Since the factory grips have notching to match the plastic throttle control underneath, It would work fine I guess. Replacement grips dont match the notches. I did notice this on several occasions and tried this out several times.

With replacement grips at a stand still no matter where I set the throttle, it would hold when I engaged the Vista.

With the motor running, no matter where I set the throttle, it would hold when I engaged the Vista.

When riding the bike at lower throttle input speeds, I would notice that where it clamps to the grip, the rubber would stay under the Vista Cruise, but the rest of the throttle would twist. Hence slowing down. At Highway speeds and higher RPMs, the throttle would hold tho I also tended to anticipate this and would twist it a bit more and it would fall back to about where I wanted it originally.

I am curious as to what version Vista you are using since mine doesn't attach to the throttle cable.
                        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I have the one your talking about Newbie, but I have after market gel grips, and it works just fine. I did have to shave down the outer diameter of the left most side of the grip. I'd have to go look at it to make any more observations, I got it to work and didn't really think about it again

Comment

I had the throttlemeisters on my recently stolen Kat, and while I appreciated it, if I were to do it again, I'd either go the cheap route (Vista Cruise, $15-$25) or the high-end route (AudioVox has a fully electrical cruise control system that doesn't use a vacuum chamber now, around $280 last time I priced it). I found the ThrottleMeisters were a bit of a PIA to set well compared to the Vista (because twisting the bar-end tends to twist the throttle at the same time).
                            The AudioVox has the advantage of keeping the bike at a rock-steady speed no matter what the roadway is doing (i.e. - the throttlemeister & the Vista solutions lock the throttle, not the RPM's or speed, so you go slower uphill and faster downhill).

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                              (i.e. - the throttlemeister & the Vista solutions lock the throttle, not the RPM's or speed, so you go slower uphill and faster downhill)

And it's a very VERY large difference in speed, not just a few miles per hour, it's like 20 mph. As long as you are aware of that, it works great. On my commute, I can only use it for about 1/3 of the drive, the rest is hills. If using it on the hills, I spend more time trying to set the throttle at the right speed, and then re-adjusting so I don't go 90mph down hill.

Comment

Working...
                              X